GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Friday 17 July 2020

MERCY AND NOT SACRIFICE

Hezekiah - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia
Then the word of the Lord came to Isaiah, 'Go and say to Hezekiah, "The Lord, the God of David your ancestor, says this: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears. I will cure you: in three days' time you shall go up to the Temple of the Lord. I will add fifteen years to your life. I will save you from the hands of the king of Assyria, I will protect this city."
Mass Readings

To judge sins is the business of one who is sinless, but who is sinless except God? who ever thinks about the multitude of his  in his heart never wants to make the sins of others a topic of conversation. To judge a man who has gone astray is a sign of pride and God resists the proud.
On the other hand, one who every hour  prepares himself to give answer for his own sins will not quickly lift up his head to examine the mistakes of others by Joseph Nathaniel


Mercy, Not Sacrifice | Jesus painting, Jesus christ images, Jesus ...But he said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he and his followers were hungry - how he went into the house of God and how they ate the loaves of offering which neither he nor his
followers were allowed to eat, but which were for the priests alone? Or again, have you not read in the Law that on the sabbath day the Temple priests break the sabbath without being blamed for it?  Now here, I tell you, is something greater than the Temple. And if you had understood the meaning of the words: What I want is mercy, not sacrifice, you would not have condemned the blameless. For the Son of Man is master of the sabbath."

Father make me sensitive to my faults. Each day help me realise my mistakes and strive to avoid sins.



No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY