Saturday Week 26 in Ordinary Time
‘Happy the eyes that see what you see'
First Reading Job
42:1-3.5-6.12-16 In dust and in ash I repent
Job answered
the Lord and said: «I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of
yours can be hindered. I have dealt with great things that I do not understand;
things too wonderful for me, which I cannot know. I had heard of you by word of
mouth, but now my eye has seen you. Therefore I disown what I have said, and
repent in dust and ashes.
Thus the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his earlier ones. For he
had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen, and
a thousand she-asses. And he had seven sons and three daughters, of whom he
called the first Jemimah, the second Keziah, and the third Kerenhappuch. In all
the land no other women were as beautiful as the daughters of Job; and their
father gave them an inheritance along with their brothers. After this, Job
lived a hundred and forty years; and he saw his children, his grandchildren,
and even his great-grandchildren. Then Job died, old and full of years.
Responsorial
Psalm: Lord, let your
face shine on me.
Gospel Luke 10:17-24 Rejoice that your names are written in heaven
The seventy-two came back rejoicing. ‘Lord,’ they said ‘even the devils submit to us when we use your name.’ He said to them, ‘I watched Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Yes, I have given you power to tread underfoot serpents and scorpions and the whole strength of the enemy; nothing shall ever hurt you. Yet do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you; rejoice rather that your names are written in heaven.’
It was then that, filled with joy by the Holy Spirit, he said:
‘I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever and revealing them to mere children. Yes, Father, for that is what it pleased you to do. Everything has been entrusted to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.’
Then turning to his disciples he spoke to them in private, ‘Happy the eyes that see what you see, for I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see, and never saw it; to hear what you hear, and never heard it.'
My Father, my God, Father I know that you can do all things. Father no purpose of yours can be hindered. Father, your greatness is beyond human comprehension. Guide me my God. Jesus, I trust in you. Virgin Mary, pray for me. Saint Joseph, pray for me. My Angels Guardian, pray for me.
Let us pray the Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.
AELF: samedi, 26ème Semaine du Temps Ordinaire
PÈRE, JE PROCLAME TA LOUANGE
«Heureux les yeux qui voient ce que vous voyez!»
Évangile Luc 10,17-24 «
Réjouissez–vous parce que vos noms sont inscrits dans les cieux»
Les soixante-douze disciples revinrent
tout joyeux. Ils racontaient: «Seigneur, même les esprits mauvais nous sont
soumis en ton nom». Jésus leur dit: «Je voyais Satan tomber du ciel comme
l'éclair. Vous, je vous ai donné pouvoir d'écraser serpents et scorpions, et
pouvoir sur toute la puissance de l'Ennemi; et rien ne pourra vous faire du
mal. Cependant, ne vous réjouissez pas parce que les esprits vous sont soumis;
mais réjouissez–vous parce que vos noms sont inscrits dans les cieux».
A ce moment, Jésus exulta de joie sous l'action de l'Esprit Saint, et il dit:
«Père, Seigneur du ciel et de la terre, je proclame ta louange: ce que tu as
caché aux sages et aux savants, tu l'as révélé aux tout-petits. Oui, Père, tu
l'as voulu ainsi dans ta bonté. Tout m'a été confié par mon Père; personne ne
connaît qui est le Fils, sinon le Père, et personne ne connaît qui est le Père,
sinon le Fils et celui à qui le Fils veut le révéler».
Puis il se tourna vers ses disciples et leur dit en particulier: «Heureux les
yeux qui voient ce que vous voyez! Car, je vous le déclare: beaucoup de
prophètes et de rois ont voulu voir ce que vous voyez, et ne l'ont pas vu,
entendre ce que vous entendez, et ne l'ont pas entendu».
Mon Père, mon Dieu, Père, je sais que Tu peux tout faire. Père, aucun de Tes desseins ne peut être entravé. Père, Ta grandeur dépasse l'entendement humain. Guide-moi, mon Dieu. Jésus, j'ai confiance en Toi. Vierge Marie, prie pour moi. Saint Joseph, prie pour moi. Mon Ange gardien, prie pour moi.
Prions le chapelet : Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grâce.

Comments
Post a Comment