Skip to main content

HOW TO PRAY

wednesday week 27 in Ordinary Time
OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY
'When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name, your Kingdom come'

First Reading Galatians 2:1-2,7-14 They recognised the grace that God had given me

It was not till fourteen years had passed that I went up to Jerusalem again. I went with Barnabas and took Titus with me. I went there as the result of a revelation, and privately I laid before the leading men the Good News as I proclaim it among the pagans; I did so for fear the course I was adopting or had already adopted would not be allowed. On the contrary, they recognised that I had been commissioned to preach the Good News to the uncircumcised just as Peter had been commissioned to preach it to the circumcised. The same person whose action had made Peter the apostle of the circumcised had given me a similar mission to the pagans. So, James, Cephas and John, these leaders, these pillars, shook hands with Barnabas and me as a sign of partnership: we were to go to the pagans and they to the circumcised. The only thing they insisted on was that we should remember to help the poor, as indeed I was anxious to do.

When Cephas came to Antioch, however, I opposed him to his face, since he was manifestly in the wrong. His custom had been to eat with the pagans, but after certain friends of James arrived he stopped doing this and kept away from them altogether for fear of the group that insisted on circumcision. The other Jews joined him in this pretence, and even Barnabas felt himself obliged to copy their behaviour.

When I saw they were not respecting the true meaning of the Good News, I said to Cephas in front of everyone, ‘In spite of being a Jew, you live like the pagans and not like the Jews, so you have no right to make the pagans copy Jewish ways.’ 

Resposorial Psalm: Go out to the whole world and proclaim the Good News.

Gospel Luke 11:1-4 How to pray

Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples." He said to them, "When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name, your Kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread and forgive us our sins for we ourselves forgive everyone in debt to us, and do not subject us to the final test."

My Father in heaven, my God, hollowed by thy name. Father, I thank you for your love and mercy. Father, teach me and guide me in your truth. Father, I desire to obey you. Help me Father. Jesus, I trust in you. Virgin Mary, pray for me. Saint Joseph, pray for me. My Angel guardian, pray for me.

Let us pray the Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us. 

Let us sing in honor of our Blessed Mother from the Catholic Hymn.
Hail Thou Star of Ocean
As the Dewy Shades of Even

AELF: mercredi, 27ème Semaine du Temps Ordinaire: Notre-Dame du Rosaire
APPRENDS-NOUS À PRIER 
«Quand vous priez, dites: ‘Père, que ton nom soit sanctifié, que ton règne vienne»

Évangile Luc 11,1-4 « Seigneur, apprends-nous à prier »

Un jour, quelque part, Jésus était en prière. Quand il eut terminé, un de ses disciples lui demanda: «Seigneur, apprends-nous à prier, comme Jean Baptiste l'a appris à ses disciples». Il leur répondit: «Quand vous priez, dites: ‘Père, que ton nom soit sanctifié, que ton règne vienne. Donne-nous le pain dont nous avons besoin pour chaque jour. Pardonne-nous nos péchés, car nous-mêmes nous pardonnons à tous ceux qui ont des torts envers nous. Et ne nous soumets pas à la tentation’».

Mon Père céleste, mon Dieu,  que ton nom soit sanctifié. Père, je te remercie pour ton amour et ta miséricorde. Père, enseigne-moi et guide-moi dans ta vérité. Père, je désire t'obéir. Aide-moi, Père. Jésus, j'ai confiance en toi. Vierge Marie, prie pour moi. Saint Joseph, prie pour moi. Mon ange gardien, prie pour moi.

Prions le Rosaire: Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grâce. Notre-Dame du Rosaire, prie pour nous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRUST GOD, TRUST IN ME

Fifth Sunday of Easter  'I am going now to prepare a place for you' First Reading  Acts 6:1-7  They elected seven men full of the Holy Spirit About this time, when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenists made a complaint against the Hebrews: in the daily distribution their own widows were being overlooked. So the Twelve called a full meeting of the disciples and addressed them, ‘It would not be right for us to neglect the word of God so as to give out food; you, brothers, must select from among yourselves seven men of good reputation, filled with the Spirit and with wisdom; we will hand over this duty to them, and continue to devote ourselves to prayer and to the service of the word.’ The whole assembly approved of this proposal and elected Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, together with Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolaus of Antioch, a convert to Judaism. They presented these to the apostles, who prayed and laid th...

THE BREAD FROM HEAVEN

Tuesday week 3 of Eastertide -   ‘I can see heaven thrown open’ First Reading 7:51-8,1  'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit' Stephen said to the people, the elders and the scribes: ‘You stubborn people, with your pagan hearts and pagan ears. You are always resisting the Holy Spirit, just as your ancestors used to do. Can you name a single prophet your ancestors never persecuted? In the past they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, and now you have become his betrayers, his murderers. You who had the Law brought to you by angels are the very ones who have not kept it.’ They were infuriated when they heard this, and ground their teeth at him. But Stephen, filled with the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at God’s right hand. ‘I can see heaven thrown open’ he said ‘and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.’ At this all the members of the council shouted out and stopped their ears with their hands; then they ...

WHO ARE YOU?

I AM NOT THE CHRIST   First Reading 1John 2:22-28 The anointing he gave you teaches you everything Beloved: Who is the liar? Whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Whoever denies the Father and the Son, this is the antichrist. Anyone who denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well. Let what you heard from the beginning remain in you. If what you heard from the beginning remains in you, then you will remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that he made us: eternal life. I write you these things about those who would deceive you. As for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, so that you do not need anyone to teach you. But his anointing teaches you about everything and is true and not false; just as it taught you, remain in him. And now, children, remain in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not be put to shame by him at his coming. Responsorial Psalm: ...