Skip to main content

CHOSEN BY GRACE

Tuesday Week 27 in Ordinary Time

First Reading Galatians 1:13-24 
God called me through his grace and chose to reveal his Son in me

You must have heard of my career as a practising Jew, how merciless I was in persecuting the Church of God, how much damage I did to it, how I stood out among other Jews of my generation, and how enthusiastic I was for the traditions of my ancestors.

Then God, who had specially chosen me while I was still in my mother’s womb, called me through his grace and chose to reveal his Son in me, so that I might preach the Good News about him to the pagans. I did not stop to discuss this with any human being, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were already apostles before me, but I went off to Arabia at once and later went straight back from there to Damascus. Even when after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and stayed with him for fifteen days, I did not see any of the other apostles; I only saw James, the brother of the Lord, and I swear before God that what I have just written is the literal truth. After that I went to Syria and Cilicia, and was still not known by sight to the churches of Christ in Judaea, who had heard nothing except that their one-time persecutor was now preaching the faith he had previously tried to destroy; and they gave glory to God for me

Responsorial Psalm: Lead me, O Lord, in the path of life eternal

Gospel Luke 10:38-42 Martha works; Mary listens

Jesus came to a village, and a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. She had a sister called Mary, who sat down at the Lord’s feet and listened to him speaking. Now Martha who was distracted with all the serving said, ‘Lord, do you not care that my sister is leaving me to do the serving all by myself? Please tell her to help me.’ But the Lord answered: ‘Martha, Martha,’ he said ‘you worry and fret about so many things, and yet few are needed, indeed only one. It is Mary who has chosen the better part; it is not to be taken from her.’

My Father no purpose of yours can be hindered. Father, your grace is beyond human comprehension. Father, you called me by my name. I am chosen by your grace.  Jesus, I trust in you. Virgin Mary, pray for me. Saint Joseph, pray for me. My Angel Guardian, pray for me.

Let us pray the Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.

AELF: CHOISI PAR LA  GRÂCE
mardi, 27ème Semaine du Temps Ordinaire

Évangile Luc 10,38-42 'Marthe travaille ; Marie écoute'

Alors qu'il était en route avec ses disciples, Jésus entra dans un village. Une femme appelée Marthe le reçut dans sa maison. Elle avait une soeur nommée Marie qui, se tenant assise aux pieds du Seigneur, écoutait sa parole. Marthe était accaparée par les multiples occupations du service. Elle intervint et dit: «Seigneur, cela ne te fait rien? Ma soeur me laisse seule à faire le service. Dis-lui donc de m'aider». Le Seigneur lui répondit: «Marthe, Marthe, tu t'inquiètes et tu t'agites pour bien des choses. Une seule est nécessaire. Marie a choisi la meilleure part: elle ne lui sera pas enlevée».

Mon Père, aucun de tes desseins ne peut être entravé. Père, ta grâce dépasse l'entendement humain. Père, tu m'as appelé par mon nom. Je suis choisi par ta grâce. Jésus, j'ai confiance en toi. Vierge Marie, prie pour moi. Saint Joseph, prie pour moi. Mon Ange gardien, prie pour moi.

Prions le chapelet : Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grâce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRUST GOD, TRUST IN ME

Fifth Sunday of Easter  'I am going now to prepare a place for you' First Reading  Acts 6:1-7  They elected seven men full of the Holy Spirit About this time, when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenists made a complaint against the Hebrews: in the daily distribution their own widows were being overlooked. So the Twelve called a full meeting of the disciples and addressed them, ‘It would not be right for us to neglect the word of God so as to give out food; you, brothers, must select from among yourselves seven men of good reputation, filled with the Spirit and with wisdom; we will hand over this duty to them, and continue to devote ourselves to prayer and to the service of the word.’ The whole assembly approved of this proposal and elected Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, together with Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolaus of Antioch, a convert to Judaism. They presented these to the apostles, who prayed and laid th...

THE BREAD FROM HEAVEN

Tuesday week 3 of Eastertide -   ‘I can see heaven thrown open’ First Reading 7:51-8,1  'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit' Stephen said to the people, the elders and the scribes: ‘You stubborn people, with your pagan hearts and pagan ears. You are always resisting the Holy Spirit, just as your ancestors used to do. Can you name a single prophet your ancestors never persecuted? In the past they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, and now you have become his betrayers, his murderers. You who had the Law brought to you by angels are the very ones who have not kept it.’ They were infuriated when they heard this, and ground their teeth at him. But Stephen, filled with the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at God’s right hand. ‘I can see heaven thrown open’ he said ‘and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.’ At this all the members of the council shouted out and stopped their ears with their hands; then they ...

WHO ARE YOU?

I AM NOT THE CHRIST   First Reading 1John 2:22-28 The anointing he gave you teaches you everything Beloved: Who is the liar? Whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Whoever denies the Father and the Son, this is the antichrist. Anyone who denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well. Let what you heard from the beginning remain in you. If what you heard from the beginning remains in you, then you will remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that he made us: eternal life. I write you these things about those who would deceive you. As for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, so that you do not need anyone to teach you. But his anointing teaches you about everything and is true and not false; just as it taught you, remain in him. And now, children, remain in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not be put to shame by him at his coming. Responsorial Psalm: ...