Saint Jerome,Priest and Doctor of the Church: Wednesday Week 26 in Ordinary Time
GOD'S GREATNESS
'No one who sets a hand to the plow and
looks to what was left behind is fit for the Kingdom of God'
First Reading Job 9:1-12.14-16 How can man
be in the right against God?
Job answered his friends and said: I know
well that it is so; but how can a man be justified before God? Should one wish
to contend with him, he could not answer him once in a thousand times. God is
wise in heart and mighty in strength; who has withstood him and remained
unscathed? He removes the mountains before they know it; he overturns them in
his anger. He shakes the earth out of its place, and the pillars beneath it
tremble. He commands the sun, and it rises not; he seals up the stars. He alone
stretches out the heavens and treads upon the crests of the sea. He made the
Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the south; he does great
things past finding out, marvelous things beyond reckoning. Should he come near
me, I see him not; should he pass by, I am not aware of him; should he seize me
forcibly, who can say him nay? Who can say to him, ‘What are you doing?’. How
much less shall I give him any answer, or choose out arguments against him!
Even though I were right, I could not answer him, but should rather beg for
what was due me. If I appealed to him and he answered my call, I could not
believe that he would hearken to my words.
Responsorial Psalm: Let my prayer come
before you, Lord.
Gospel Luke 9:57-62 'I will follow you wherever you go'
As Jesus and his disciples were proceeding
on their journey, someone said to him, "I will follow you wherever you
go." Jesus answered him, "Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have
nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head." And to another he
said, "Follow me." But he replied, "Lord, let me go first and
bury my father." But he answered him, "Let the dead bury their dead.
But you, go and proclaim the Kingdom of God." And another said, "I
will follow you, Lord, but first let me say farewell to my family at home."
Jesus answered him, "No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what
was left behind is fit for the Kingdom of God.
God my Father, how can a man be justified before you. You are Holy Lord. Father, I pleade before you. Hearken to the voice of my pleading. Jesus, I trust in you. Virgin Mary, pray for me. Saint Joseph, pray for me. Saint Jerome, pray for me. My Angel Guardian, pray for me.
Let us pray the Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.
AELF: mercredi, 26ème Semaine du Temps Ordinaire
S. Jérôme, prêtre et docteur de l'Eglise
«Celui qui met la main à la charrue et regarde en arrière n'est pas fait pour le royaume de Dieu»
Évangile Luc 9,57-62 «Je te suivrai partout où tu iras»
En cours de
route, un homme dit à Jésus: «Je te suivrai partout où tu iras». Jésus lui
déclara: «Les renards ont des terriers, les oiseaux du ciel ont des nids; mais
le Fils de l'homme n'a pas d'endroit où reposer la tête». Il dit à un autre:
«Suis-moi». L'homme répondit: «Permets-moi d'aller d'abord enterrer mon père».
Mais Jésus répliqua: «Laisse les morts enterrer leurs morts. Toi, va annoncer
le règne de Dieu». Un autre encore lui dit: «Je te suivrai, Seigneur; mais
laisse-moi d'abord faire mes adieux aux gens de ma maison». Jésus lui répondit:
«Celui qui met la main à la charrue et regarde en arrière n'est pas fait pour
le royaume de Dieu».
Dieu mon Père, comment un homme peut-il être justifié devant Toi ? Tu es saint, Seigneur. Père, je T'adresse ma supplique. Écoute la voix de ma prière. Jésus, j'ai confiance en Toi. Vierge Marie, prie pour moi. Saint Joseph, prie pour moi. Saint Jérôme, prie pour moi. Mon Ange gardien, prie pour moi.
Prions le chapelet : Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grâce.

Comments
Post a Comment