Friday Week 23 in Ordinary Time: 'Hypocrite! Take the plank out of your own eye first'
First Reading 1 Corinthians 9:16-19, 22-27 We go into strict training, like fighters at the games
I do not boast of preaching the gospel, since it is a duty which has been laid on me; I should be punished if I did not preach it! If I had chosen this work myself, I might have been paid for it, but as I have not, it is a responsibility which has been put into my hands. Do you know what my reward is? It is this: in my preaching, to be able to offer the Good News free, and not insist on the rights which the gospel gives me.
So though I am not a slave of any man I have made myself the slave of everyone so as to win as many as I could. I made myself all things to all men in order to save some at any cost; and I still do this, for the sake of the gospel, to have a share in its blessings.
All the runners at the stadium are trying to win, but only one of them gets the prize. You must run in the same way, meaning to win. All the fighters at the games go into strict training; they do this just to win a wreath that will wither away, but we do it for a wreath that will never wither. That is how I run, intent on winning; that is how I fight, not beating the air. I treat my body hard and make it obey me, for, having been an announcer myself, I should not want to be disqualified.
Responsorial Psalm: How lovely is your dwelling-place, Lord, God of hosts.
The Gospel Luke 6:39-42 Can the blind lead the blind?
Jesus told a parable to the disciples: ‘Can one blind man guide another? Surely both will fall into a pit? The disciple is not superior to his teacher; the fully trained disciple will always be like his teacher. Why do you observe the splinter in your brother’s eye and never notice the plank in your own? How can you say to your brother, “Brother, let me take out the splinter that is in your eye,” when you cannot see the plank in your own? Hypocrite! Take the plank out of your own eye first, and then you will see clearly enough to take out the splinter that is in your brother’s eye.
My Father, my God, direct my actions. Father make me holy. Lord Jesus, I trust in you. Virgin Mary, pray for me. Saint Joseph, pray for me. My Angel Guardian, pray for me.
Let us pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.
AELF: vendredi, 23ème Semaine du Temps Ordinaire
UN AVEUGLE
PEUT-IL GUIDER UN AUTRE AVEUGLE?
'Hypocrite ! Enlève d’abord la poutre de ton Å“il'
Évangile Luc 6, 39-42 ‘ Un aveugle peut-il guider un
autre aveugle?’
Il leur dit encore en parabole : «
Un aveugle peut-il guider un autre aveugle ? Ne vont-ils pas tomber tous les
deux dans un trou ? Le disciple n’est pas au-dessus du maître ; mais une fois
bien formé, chacun sera comme son maître. Qu’as-tu à regarder la paille dans
l’Å“il de ton frère, alors que la poutre qui est dans ton Å“il à toi, tu ne la
remarques pas ? Comment peux-tu dire à ton frère : “Frère, laisse-moi enlever
la paille qui est dans ton Å“il”, alors que toi-même ne vois pas la poutre qui
est dans le tien ? Hypocrite ! Enlève d’abord la poutre de ton Å“il ; alors tu
verras clair pour enlever la paille qui est dans l’Å“il de ton frère.
Mon Père, mon Dieu, dirigez mes actions. Père, rendez-moi saint. Seigneur Jésus, j'ai confiance en Vous. Vierge Marie, priez pour moi. Saint Joseph, priez pour moi. Mon Ange gardien, priez pour moi.
Prions le saint Rosaire : Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grâce.

Comments
Post a Comment