I WILL PLANT THEM IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY

SATURDAY WEEK 13 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
No one puts a piece of unshrunken cloth on to an old cloak

First Reading Amos 9:11-15 I will restore the fortunes of my people Israel

It is the Lord who speaks: 

‘That day I will re-erect the tottering hut of David, make good the gaps in it, restore its ruins and rebuild it as it was in the days of old, so that they can conquer the remnant of Edom and all the nations that belonged to me.’
It is the Lord who speaks, and he will carry this out. ‘The days are coming now – it is the Lord who speaks – when harvest will follow directly after ploughing, the treading of grapes soon after sowing, when the mountains will run with new wine and the hills all flow with it. I mean to restore the fortunes of my people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them, plant vineyards and drink their wine, dig gardens and eat their produce. 
I will plant them in their own country, never to be rooted up again out of the land I have given them, says the Lord, your God.’

Responsorial Psalm: The Lord speaks peace to his people

Gospel Matthew 9:14-17 When the bridegroom is taken from them, then they will fast

CDR: John’s disciples came to him and said, ‘Why is it that we and the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not?’ Jesus replied, ‘Surely the bridegroom’s attendants would never think of mourning as long as the bridegroom is still with them? But the time will come for the bridegroom to be taken away from them, and then they will fast. No one puts a piece of unshrunken cloth on to an old cloak, because the patch pulls away from the cloak and the tear gets worse. Nor do people put new wine into old wineskins; if they do, the skins burst, the wine runs out, and the skins are lost. No; they put new wine into fresh skins and both are preserved.’

My God and Father, you abound in mercy and compassion. Father, your love is eternal. Be merciful to us your people. Father, restore our fortunes for we are your people redeemed by the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. Unite your children worldwide, and grant us your peace.

Jesus, I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Angels and Saints pray for me. Saint Maria Goretti, pray for me. My Guardian Angel, protect me. Pray for me.

Let us pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Ave Maria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LUNDI DE PÂQUES

THE SON OF MAN MUST BE LIFTED UP