IF YOU ARE CHRIST TELL US PLAINLY

TUESDAY  4TH WEEK OF EASTERTIDE: Universalis
'The Father and I are one'

First Reading Acts 11:19-26
They started preaching to the Greeks, proclaiming the Lord Jesus

Those who had escaped during the persecution that happened because of Stephen travelled as far as Phoenicia and Cyprus and Antioch, but they usually proclaimed the message only to Jews. Some of them, however, who came from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch where they started preaching to the Greeks, proclaiming the Good News of the Lord Jesus to them as well. The Lord helped them, and a great number believed and were converted to the Lord. 

The church in Jerusalem heard about this and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. There he could see for himself that God had given grace, and this pleased him, and he urged them all to remain faithful to the Lord with heartfelt devotion; for he was a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and with faith. And a large number of people were won over to the Lord. 

Barnabas then left for Tarsus to look for Saul, and when he found him he brought him to Antioch. As things turned out they were to live together in that church a whole year, instructing a large number of people. It was at Antioch that the disciples were first called ‘Christians.’

Responsorial Psalm: O praise the Lord, all you nations!

Gospel John 10:22-30 The Father and I are one

It was the time when the feast of Dedication was being celebrated in Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was in the Temple walking up and down in the Portico of Solomon. The Jews gathered round him and said, ‘How much longer are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.’ Jesus replied: 

‘I have told you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name are my witness; but you do not believe, because you are no sheep of mine. The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life; they will never be lost and no one will ever steal them from me. The Father who gave them to me is greater than anyone, and no one can steal from the Father. The Father and I are one.’

My Father, my God to follow Christ I need your grace. Father may your grace abide with me. I want to remain faithful to you in devotion. Fill me Father with your Holy Spirit. Increase my faith. I believe you sent your Son Jesus Christ. I want to remain in Christ. Father, open my heart to receive your word. Make me one with you, and  Jesus as you and Christ are one.

Jesus, I trust in you. Keep me Lord in your fold. I am yours Lord. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Ave Maria.


Sole Hope of the World
Hail Thou Star of Ocean

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY