HOW TO PRAY

TUESDAY 1ST WEEK OF LENT: Universalis
In your prayers do not babble

Reading Isaiah 55:10-11 The word that goes out from my mouth does not return to me empty

Thus says the Lord: ‘As the rain and the snow come down from the heavens and do not return without watering the earth, making it yield and giving growth to provide seed for the sower and bread for the eating, so the word that goes from my mouth does not return to me empty, without carrying out my will and succeeding in what it was sent to do.’


Responsorial Psalm: The Lord rescues the just in all their distress

Gospel Matthew 6:7-15 How to pray

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘In your prayers do not babble as the pagans do, for they think that by using many words they will make themselves heard. Do not be like them; your Father knows what you need before you ask him. So you should pray like this:

‘Our Father in heaven, may your name be held holy, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we have forgiven those who are in debt to us. And do not put us to the test, but save us from the evil one. For yours is the kingdom, power and glory, for ever. Amen

‘Yes, if you forgive others their failings, your heavenly Father will forgive you yours; but if you do not forgive others, your Father will not forgive your failings either.’

The Lord rescues the just in all their distress Glorify the Lord with me. Together let us praise his name. I sought my Lord and he answered me; from all my terrors he set me free.

Loving Father, I thank you for ‘as the rain and the snow come down from the heavens and do not return without watering the earth, making it yield and giving growth to provide seed for the sower and bread for the eating, so the word that goes from your mouth does not return to you empty, without carrying out your will and succeeding in what it was sent to do.’ Father let your Holy will be done in my life.

Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me.
Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY