FOLLOW ME

SATURDAY WEEK 1 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
' I did not come to call the virtuous, but sinners.’

CI: Reading 1 Samuel 9:1-4,17-19,10:1 The Lord chooses Saul as king; Samuel anoints him

Among the men of Benjamin there was a man named Kish son of Abiel, son of Zeror, son of Becorath, son of Aphiah; a Benjaminite and a man of rank. He had a son named Saul, a handsome man in the prime of life. Of all the Israelites there was no one more handsome than he; he stood head and shoulders taller than the rest of the people. Now some of the she-donkeys of Saul’s father Kish had strayed, so Kish said to Saul, ‘My son, take one of the servants with you and be off; go and look for the she-donkeys.’ They passed through the highlands of Ephraim and passed through the land of Shalishah, but did not find them; they passed through the land of Shaalim, they were not there; they passed through the land of Benjamin, but did not find them. 

When Samuel saw Saul, the Lord told him, ‘That is the man of whom I told you; he shall rule my people.’ Saul accosted Samuel in the gateway and said, ‘Tell me, please, where the seer’s house is?’ Samuel replied to Saul, ‘I am the seer. Go up ahead of me to the high place. You are to eat with me today. In the morning I shall take leave of you and tell you all that is in your heart.’ 

Samuel took a phial of oil and poured it on Saul’s head; then he kissed him, saying, ‘Has not the Lord anointed you prince over his people Israel? You are the man who must rule the Lord’s people, and who must save them from the power of the enemies surrounding them.’

Responsorial Psalm: O Lord, your strength gives joy to the king

Gospel Mark 2:13-17  I did not come to call the virtuous, but sinners

CDR: Jesus went out to the shore of the lake; and all the people came to him, and he taught them. As he was walking on he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus, sitting by the customs house, and he said to him, ‘Follow me.’ And he got up and followed him. 

When Jesus was at dinner in his house, a number of tax collectors and sinners were also sitting at the table with Jesus and his disciples; for there were many of them among his followers. When the scribes of the Pharisee party saw him eating with sinners and tax collectors, they said to his disciples, ‘Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?’ When Jesus heard this he said to them, ‘It is not the healthy who need the doctor, but the sick. I did not come to call the virtuous, but sinners.’

God my Father I thank you for my being. Father may your Holy Spirit abide with me. Guide me Father. Show me the path to follow.  Father your strength gives me joy. Your saving help makes me glad. Father I thank you for you have granted my heart’s desire. You have not refused the prayer of my lips. Father I thank you for the blessings of success. I thank you for your saving help, for your glory. May I rejoice always in your presence my God.

Jesus I trust in you. Lord I need you in my life for It is not the healthy who need the doctor, but the sick. You came call sinners. Lord I am not worthy. I will follow you, it is me you are looking for. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Holy Queen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY