YOU HAVE DEFIED THE LORD OF HEAVEN

WEDNESDAY WEEK 34 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
I myself shall give you an eloquence and a wisdom

C.I: First Reading Daniel 5:1-6,13-14,16-17,23-28 The writing on the wall

King Belshazzar gave a great banquet for his noblemen; a thousand of them attended, and he drank wine in company with this thousand. As he sipped his wine, Belshazzar gave orders for the gold and silver vessels to be brought which his father Nebuchadnezzar had looted from the sanctuary in Jerusalem, so that the king, his noblemen, his wives and his singing women could drink out of them. The gold and silver vessels looted from the sanctuary of the Temple of God in Jerusalem were brought in, and the king, his noblemen, his wives and his singing women drank out of them. They drank their wine and praised their gods of gold and silver, of bronze and iron, of wood and stone. Suddenly the fingers of a human hand appeared, and began to write on the plaster of the palace wall, directly behind the lamp-stand; and the king could see the hand as it wrote. The king turned pale with alarm: his thigh-joints went slack and his knees began to knock..........

Responsorial Psalm: Give glory and eternal praise to him!

Gospel Luke 21:12-19 Your endurance will win you your lives

CDR: Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Men will seize you and persecute you; they will hand you over to the synagogues and to imprisonment, and bring you before kings and governors because of my name – and that will be your opportunity to bear witness. Keep this carefully in mind: you are not to prepare your defence, because I myself shall give you an eloquence and a wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to resist or contradict. You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relations and friends; and some of you will be put to death. You will be hated by all men on account of my name, but not a hair of your head will be lost. Your endurance will win you your lives.’

My Father in heaven, my God, I give you glory and praise. Father guide my actions. May my ways be pleasing in your sight Father. Father defend me from my enemies, from false accusation. Father give  me wisdom to guide my steps and the words of my mouth. Make me resolute in my belief and trust in your goodness and supremacy. 

Jesus my loving Master I trust in you. Lord you said none of my hair will be lost if I follow you. Be with me Lord. Give me the spirit of endurance as I hold on to you my Redeemer.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Hail Mary full of grace. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY