THE COMING OF THE SON OF MAN

WEDNESDAY WEEK 29 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
Our help is in the name of the Lord

CI: Reading Romans 6:12-18 Make every part of your body a weapon fighting on the side of God

You must not let sin reign in your mortal bodies or command your obedience to bodily passions, you must not let any part of your body turn into an unholy weapon fighting on the side of sin; you should, instead, offer yourselves to God, and consider yourselves dead men brought back to life; you should make every part of your body into a weapon fighting on the side of God; and then sin will no longer dominate your life, since you are living by grace and not by law. 

Does the fact that we are living by grace and not by law mean that we are free to sin? Of course not. You know that if you agree to serve and obey a master you become his slaves. You cannot be slaves of sin that leads to death and at the same time slaves of obedience that leads to righteousness. You were once slaves of sin, but thank God you submitted without reservation to the creed you were taught. You may have been freed from the slavery of sin, but only to become ‘slaves’ of righteousness.

Responsorial Psalm: Our help is in the name of the Lord

Gospel Luke 12:39-48 The Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect

Jesus said to his disciples: 

CDR: ‘You may be quite sure of this, that if the householder had known at what hour the burglar would come, he would not have let anyone break through the wall of his house. You too must stand ready, because the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.’ 

Peter said, ‘Lord, do you mean this parable for us, or for everyone?’ The Lord replied, ‘What sort of steward, then, is faithful and wise enough for the master to place him over his household to give them their allowance of food at the proper time? Happy that servant if his master’s arrival finds him at this employment. I tell you truly, he will place him over everything he owns. But as for the servant who says to himself, “My master is taking his time coming,” and sets about beating the menservants and the maids, and eating and drinking and getting drunk, his master will come on a day he does not expect and at an hour he does not know. The master will cut him off and send him to the same fate as the unfaithful. 

The servant who knows what his master wants, but has not even started to carry out those wishes, will receive very many strokes of the lash. The one who did not know, but deserves to be beaten for what he has done, will receive fewer strokes. When a man has had a great deal given him, a great deal will be demanded of him; when a man has had a great deal given him on trust, even more will be expected of him.’

God my Father my help is in your most holy name. Father may sin not control my life. Do not let not any part of my body be unholy.  I offer myself to you my God. Father it is by your grace I am alive; sin will not dominate my life. I submit myself in obedience to you without reservation for you are my Lord and Master. Father I must be ready for the coming of my Lord. Sin leads to death, and slave in obedience to you leads to righteousness. May your grace abide with me. Father free me from every slavery of unrighteousness. I understand that when a man had a great deal given to him, a great deal will be demanded from him. Make me truthful and submissive to you Father - for you expect more from me as your trusted child.

Jesus my Master I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angels pray for me. Protect me. Guide me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY