TAKE COURAGE, CALL ON GOD

SATURDAY WEEK 26 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
Our Lady of the Rosary: CI
The Lord listens to the needy

Reading Baruch 4:5-12,27-29 Take courage, my children, call on God 

Take courage, my people, constant reminder of Israel. You were sold to the nations, but not for extermination. You provoked God; and so were delivered to your enemies, since you had angered your creator by offering sacrifices to demons, not to God. You had forgotten the eternal God who reared you. You had also grieved Jerusalem who nursed you, for when she saw the anger fall on you from God, she  said: 
Listen, you neighbours of Zion:  God has sent me great sorrow. I have seen my sons and daughters taken into captivity, to which they have been sentenced by the Eternal. I had reared them joyfully; in tears, in sorrow, I watched them go away. Do not, any of you, exult over me, a widow, deserted by so many; I suffer loneliness because of the sins of my own children, who turned away from the Law of God. 

Take courage, my children, call on God: he who brought disaster on you will remember you. As by your will you first strayed away from God, so now turn back and search for him ten times as hard; for as he brought down those disasters on you, so will he rescue you and give you eternal joy.

Responsorial Psalm: The Lord listens to the needy

Gospel Luke 10:17-24 Rejoice that your names are written in heaven

CDR: The seventy-two came back rejoicing. ‘Lord,’ they said ‘even the devils submit to us when we use your name.’ He said to them, ‘I watched Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Yes, I have given you power to tread underfoot serpents and scorpions and the whole strength of the enemy; nothing shall ever hurt you. Yet do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you; rejoice rather that your names are written in heaven.’ 

It was then that, filled with joy by the Holy Spirit, he said: 

‘I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever and revealing them to mere children. Yes, Father, for that is what it pleased you to do. Everything has been entrusted to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.’ 

Then turning to his disciples he spoke to them in private, ‘Happy the eyes that see what you see, for I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see, and never saw it; to hear what you hear, and never heard it.’

My compassionate Father, my God, by my will I have strayed away from you. So now Father I turn back in search for you. Father forgive me. Father you listen to the needy rescue me, give me eternal joy. Father, Lord of heaven and earth,  reveal the mysteries of the kingdom to me. I am your beloved child. Thank you for loving me.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. You are Lord, King of glory. You are Son of God Most High. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Holy Queen.  Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for me.  

Hail Thou Star of Ocean - In honor of our Blessed Mother
As the Dewy Shades
Psalm 51: Prayer of Repentance:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY