I WILL SEND THEM PROPHETS

THURSDAY WEEK 28 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
With the Lord there is mercy, and fullness of redemption

Reading Romans 3:21-30
It is the same justice of God that comes to Jew and pagan alike

God’s justice that was made known through the Law and the Prophets has now been revealed outside the Law, since it is the same justice of God that comes through faith to everyone, Jew and pagan alike, who believes in Jesus Christ. Both Jew and pagan sinned and forfeited God’s glory, and both are justified through the free gift of his grace by being redeemed in Christ Jesus who was appointed by God to sacrifice his life so as to win reconciliation through faith. In this way God makes his justice known; first, for the past, when sins went unpunished because he held his hand, then, for the present age, by showing positively that he is just, and that he justifies everyone who believes in Jesus. 

So what becomes of our boasts? There is no room for them. What sort of law excludes them? The sort of law that tells us what to do? On the contrary, it is the law of faith, since, as we see it, a man is justified by faith and not by doing something the Law tells him to do. Is God the God of Jews alone and not of the pagans too? Of the pagans too, most certainly, since there is only one God.

Responsorial Psalm: With the Lord there is mercy, and fullness of redemption

Gospel Luke 11:47-54  You have not gone in yourselves and have prevented others who wanted to

CDR: Jesus said: ‘Alas for you who build the tombs of the prophets, the men your ancestors killed! In this way you both witness what your ancestors did and approve it; they did the killing, you do the building. 

‘And that is why the Wisdom of God said, “I will send them prophets and apostles; some they will slaughter and persecute, so that this generation will have to answer for every prophet’s blood that has been shed since the foundation of the world, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was murdered between the altar and the sanctuary.” Yes, I tell you, this generation will have to answer for it all. 

‘Alas for you lawyers who have taken away the key of knowledge! You have not gone in yourselves, and have prevented others going in who wanted to.’ 

When he left the house, the scribes and the Pharisees began a furious attack on him and tried to force answers from him on innumerable questions, setting traps to catch him out in something he might say.

'Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord, Lord, hear my voice! O let your ears be attentive   to the voice of my pleading. If you, O Lord, should mark our guilt, Lord, who would survive? But with you is found forgiveness: for this we revere you. My soul is waiting for the Lord.   I count on his word. My soul is longing for the Lord more than watchman for daybreak.' (Psalm)

Loving Father, I thank you for I am justified through the free gift of your grace by being redeemed in Christ Jesus who was appointed by you Father to sacrifice his life so as to win my reconciliation to you through faith. Thank you God my Father for making me your beloved child. Father you are the God of all creatures for you alone are God. Let me not be an obstacle to the progress of humanity, and for the salvation of souls into your heavenly kingdom .

Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me. Guide me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY