BLESSED IS THE WOMB THAT BORE YOU

SATURDAY WEEK 27 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
A fountain will spring from the house of the Lord

Reading Joel 4:12-21 The day of the Lord is near; sun and moon grow dark

The Lord says this: ‘Let the nations rouse themselves, let them march to the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for I am going to sit in judgement there on all the nations round.

Put the sickle in: the harvest is ripe; come and tread: the winepress is full, the vats are overflowing, so great is their wickedness!’  Host on host in the Valley of Decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the Valley of Decision! Sun and moon grow dark, the stars lose their brilliance. 

The Lord roars from Zion, makes his voice heard from Jerusalem; heaven and earth tremble. But the Lord will be a shelter for his people, a stronghold for the sons of Israel.

‘You will learn then that I am the Lord your God, dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain. Jerusalem will be a holy place, no alien will ever pass through it again.’ When that day comes, the mountains will run with new wine and the hills flow with milk, and all the river beds of Judah will run with water.

A fountain will spring from the house of the Lord to water the wadi of Acacias. Egypt will become a desolation, Edom a desert waste on account of the violence done to the sons of Judah whose innocent blood they shed in their country. But Judah will be inhabited forever, Jerusalem from age to age. ‘I will avenge their blood and let none go unpunished’, and the Lord shall make his home in Zion.

Responsorial Palm: Rejoice, you just, in the Lord

Gospel Luke 11:27-28  'Happy the womb that bore you and the breasts you sucked!'

CDR: As Jesus was speaking, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said, ‘Happy the womb that bore you and the breasts you sucked!’ But he replied, ‘Still happier those who hear the word of God and keep it!’

My Father in heaven, God of all nations blessed be your Holy Name.  Father you are our shield and protection. Do not bring your judgment upon us your children. We have sinned against you Father, be merciful to us. This day is the day of the Lord, let sun, moon, and stars shine in their brilliance to reveal your glory. Father you are our shelter and stronghold. Father for the sake of Jerusalem your holy place, let no alien hold us captives, give us freedom from enslavement. Let your fountain spring up from your holy Temple. Father avenge the blood of innocent, bring your judgement upon all forces of evil in our world. Let the Blood of Jesus Christ triumph over the power of evil and darkness hovering over your children, and in our world. Thank you God our loving Father for your mercy and compassion.

Jesus I trust in you. Come to me my Lord and Saviour. Make me hear and keep God's word. Christ you are my joy.  Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide me. Protect me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Lord Jesus Christ  ‘Happy the womb that bore you and the breasts you sucked!’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY