ARE YOU RIGHT TO BE ANGRY?

WEDNESDAY WEEK 27 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
You, O Lord, have mercy and compassion

First Reading Jonah 4:1-11 Jonah is angry at God's mercy

Jonah was very indignant; he fell into a rage. He prayed to the Lord and said, ‘Ah, Lord, is not this just as I said would happen when I was still at home? That was why I went and fled to Tarshish: I knew that you were a God of tenderness and compassion, slow to anger, rich in graciousness, relenting from evil. So now, Lord, please take away my life, for I might as well be dead as go on living.’ The Lord replied, ‘Are you right to be angry?’ 

Jonah then went out of the city and sat down to the east of the city. There he made himself a shelter and sat under it in the shade, to see what would happen to the city. Then the Lord God arranged that a castor-oil plant should grow up over Jonah to give shade for his head and soothe his ill-humour; Jonah was delighted with the castor-oil plant. But at dawn the next day, God arranged that a worm should attack the castor-oil plant – and it withered. 

Next, when the sun rose, God arranged that there should be a scorching east wind; the sun beat down so hard on Jonah’s head that he was overcome and begged for death, saying, ‘I might as well be dead as go on living.’ God said to Jonah, ‘Are you right to be angry about the castor-oil plant?’ He replied, ‘I have every right to be angry, to the point of death.’ The Lord replied, ‘You are only upset about a castor-oil plant which cost you no labour, which you did not make grow, which sprouted in a night and has perished in a night. And am I not to feel sorry for Nineveh, the great city, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left, to say nothing of all the animals?’

Responsorial Psalm: You, O Lord, have mercy and compassion

Gospel Luke 11:1-4 How to pray

CDR: Once Jesus was in a certain place praying, and when he had finished, one of his disciples said, ‘Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.’  

He said to them, ‘Say this when you pray: 

‘“Father, may your name be held holy, your kingdom come; give us each day our daily bread, and forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive each one who is in debt to us. And do not put us to the test.”’

God my Father, I know that you are God of tenderness and compassion, slow to anger, rich in graciousness, relenting from evil. Father you are full of patience and merciful. Father I like Jonah often get angry whenever I feel you abandoned me. Whenever I think you ignored my request. I get angry and judgmental when I see your goodness in those I may consider evil. Are my right to be angry? No Father I have no right to be angry, to judge or to condemn. 

Who am I to judge and decide who deserve your mercy and compassion. Who am I to decide who should be punished, or condemned. Forgive me Father for times I have been guilty, for many times I have been angry with you for not answering my prayers in my own way. I am sorry. Father let your kingdom come. Help me not to bear grudge against anyone whenever I feel offended, but willing to let go and move on like a little child. Do not put me to the test Father.

Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. 

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary, Hail Holy Queen.

Psalm 86 in French 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY