YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD

WEDNESDAY WEEK 22 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
‘I must proclaim the Good News of the kingdom of God'

Reading Colossians 1:1-8 
The message of the truth has reached you and is spreading all over the world

From Paul, appointed by God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and from our brother Timothy to the saints in Colossae, our faithful brothers in Christ: Grace and peace to you from God our Father. 

We have never failed to remember you in our prayers and to give thanks for you to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, ever since we heard about your faith in Christ Jesus and the love that you show towards all the saints because of the hope which is stored up for you in heaven. It is only recently that you heard of this, when it was announced in the message of the truth. The Good News which has reached you is spreading all over the world and producing the same results as it has among you ever since the day when you heard about God’s grace and understood what this really is. Epaphras, who taught you, is one of our closest fellow workers and a faithful deputy for us as Christ’s servant, and it was he who told us all about your love in the Spirit.

Responsorial Psalm: I trust in the goodness of God for ever and ever

Gospel Luke 4:38-44 He would not allow them to speak because they knew he was the Christ

CDR: Leaving the synagogue, Jesus went to Simon’s house. Now Simon’s mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever and they asked him to do something for her. Leaning over her he rebuked the fever and it left her. And she immediately got up and began to wait on them. 

At sunset all those who had friends suffering from diseases of one kind or another brought them to him, and laying his hands on each he cured them. Devils too came out of many people, howling, ‘You are the Son of God.’ But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak because they knew that he was the Christ. 

When daylight came he left the house and made his way to a lonely place. The crowds went to look for him, and when they had caught up with him they wanted to prevent him leaving them, but he answered, ‘I must proclaim the Good News of the kingdom of God to the other towns too, because that is what I was sent to do.’ And he continued his preaching in the synagogues of Judaea.

My God and my Father I trust in your goodness for ever and ever. I trust and believe in your Son Jesus Christ. I trust and believe in his healing power and grace. I thank you for Jesus Christ your Son. He is the Word made flesh. God's Wisdom.  

I thank you Father for the Good News which has reached all believers, is spreading all over the world and producing positive results in the lives of your creatures. Father I thank you for through your Holy Spirit the revelation of your grace was understood, and your mercy is for ever.

Jesus Christ Son of God Most High I trust in you. Lord you are my healer. You are my Salvation. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY