WE ARE CHILDREN OF LIGHT

TUESDAY WEEK 22 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
‘Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth?

CI: Reading 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6,9-11  Keep strengthening one another

You will not be expecting us to write anything to you, brothers, about ‘times and seasons’, since you know very well that the Day of the Lord is going to come like a thief in the night. It is when people are saying, ‘How quiet and peaceful it is’ that the worst suddenly happens, as suddenly as labour pains come on a pregnant woman; and there will be no way for anybody to evade it. 

But it is not as if you live in the dark, my brothers, for that Day to overtake you like a thief. No, you are all sons of light and sons of the day: we do not belong to the night or to darkness, so we should not go on sleeping, as everyone else does, but stay wide awake and sober. God never meant us to experience the Retribution, but to win salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that, alive or dead, we should still live united to him. So give encouragement to each other, and keep strengthening one another, as you do already.

Responsorial Psalm: I am sure I shall see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living

Gospel Luke 4:31-37 'I know who you are: the Holy One of God'

CDR: Jesus went down to Capernaum, a town in Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath. And his teaching made a deep impression on them because he spoke with authority. 

In the synagogue there was a man who was possessed by the spirit of an unclean devil, and it shouted at the top of its voice, ‘Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are: the Holy One of God.’ But Jesus said sharply, ‘Be quiet! Come out of him!’ And the devil, throwing the man down in front of everyone, went out of him without hurting him at all. Astonishment seized them and they were all saying to one another, ‘What teaching! He gives orders to unclean spirits with authority and power and they come out.’ And reports of him went all through the surrounding countryside.

Loving Father make me conscious of your presence in my life. Make me aware of  the Day of your coming.  Ha! Father What do you want from me? Let your Holy Spirit abide with me that I may not be taken unaware, so that I am not be trapped. I am a child of light and a child of the day. Father I do not belong to night or to darkness for Jesus Christ in my light and salvation. Make me awake and sober, make me appreciate Christ's sacrifice for my liberation. Father I thank you so immensely for I know I shall see your goodness in the land of the living. Father you are my light and my salvation. Thank you Father for loving me.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Give me the Holy Spirit the promise you made me. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Holy Queen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY