LEAVE ME LORD I AM A SINFUL MAN

THURSDAY WEEK 22 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
‘Put out into deep water and put out your nets for a catch.’

Reading Colossians 1:9-14 
God has taken us out of the power of darkness

Ever since the day we heard about you, we have never failed to pray for you, and what we ask God is that through perfect wisdom and spiritual understanding you should reach the fullest knowledge of his will. So you will be able to lead the kind of life which the Lord expects of you, a life acceptable to him in all its aspects; showing the results in all the good actions you do and increasing your knowledge of God. You will have in you the strength, based on his own glorious power, never to give in, but to bear anything joyfully, thanking the Father who has made it possible for you to join the saints and with them to inherit the light.

Because that is what he has done: he has taken us out of the power of darkness and created a place for us in the kingdom of the Son that he loves, and in him, we gain our freedom, the forgiveness of our sins.

Responsorial Psalm: The Lord has made known his salvation

Gospel Luke 5:1-11 They left everything and followed him

CDR: Jesus was standing one day by the Lake of Gennesaret, with the crowd pressing round him listening to the word of God, when he caught sight of two boats close to the bank. The fishermen had gone out of them and were washing their nets. He got into one of the boats – it was Simon’s – and asked him to put out a little from the shore. Then he sat down and taught the crowds from the boat. 

When he had finished speaking he said to Simon, ‘Put out into deep water and pay out your nets for a catch.’ ‘Master,’ Simon replied, ‘we worked hard all night long and caught nothing, but if you say so, I will pay out the nets.’ And when they had done this they netted such a huge number of fish that their nets began to tear, so they signalled to their companions in the other boat to come and help them; when these came, they filled the two boats to sinking point. 

When Simon Peter saw this he fell at the knees of Jesus saying, ‘Leave me, Lord; I am a sinful man.’ For he and all his companions were completely overcome by the catch they had made; so also were James and John, sons of Zebedee, who were Simon’s partners. But Jesus said to Simon, ‘Do not be afraid; from now on it is men you will catch.’ Then, bringing their boats back to land, they left everything and followed him.

Leave me Lord for I am a sinner. Father I thank you - my God for you have made your salvation known through your Son Jesus Christ. Father through perfect wisdom and spiritual understanding may I reach the fullest knowledge of your will; that I will be able to lead the kind of life which you, Lord expects of me. A life acceptable to you in all its aspects, and showing the results in all my good actions. Increasing my knowledge of you my God. 

Father your grace has made it possible for me to join the saints to inherit the light. Keep me in the light of your truth. I thank you my God for Christ's word of encouragement "Do not be afraid". I will have in me the strength  to carry on based on Christ's glorious power. 

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you for you have saved me through forgiveness of my sin. You are my Lord and Redeemer.  Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide and guard me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Holy Queen. Hail Virgin Mother of our Redeemer and Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY