DO NOT CRY

TUESDAY WEEK 24 IN ORDINARY TIME: Universalis
I will walk with blameless heart

Reading 1 Timothy 3:1-13 The president must be of impeccable character

Here is a saying that you can rely on: To want to be a presiding elder is to want to do a noble work. That is why the president must have an impeccable character. He must not have been married more than once, and he must be temperate, discreet and courteous, hospitable and a good teacher; not a heavy drinker, nor hot-tempered, but kind and peaceable. He must not be a lover of money. He must be a man who manages his own family well and brings his children up to obey him and be well-behaved: how can any man who does not understand how to manage his own family have responsibility for the church of God? He should not be a new convert, in case pride might turn his head and then he might be condemned as the devil was condemned. It is also necessary that people outside the Church should speak well of him, so that he never gets a bad reputation and falls into the devil’s trap.

In the same way, deacons must be respectable men whose word can be trusted, moderate in the amount of wine they drink and with no squalid greed for money. They must be conscientious believers in the mystery of the faith. They are to be examined first, and only admitted to serve as deacons if there is nothing against them. In the same way, the women must be respectable, not gossips but sober and quite reliable. Deacons must not have been married more than once, and must be men who manage their children and families well. Those of them who carry out their duties well as deacons will earn a high standing for themselves and be rewarded with great assurance in their work for the faith in Christ Jesus.

Responsorial Psalm: I will walk with blameless heart

Gospel Luke 7:11-17 The only son of his mother, and she a widow

CDR: Jesus went to a town called Nain, accompanied by his disciples and a great number of people. When he was near the gate of the town it happened that a dead man was being carried out for burial, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a considerable number of the townspeople were with her. When the Lord saw her he felt sorry for her. ‘Do not cry’ he said. Then he went up and put his hand on the bier and the bearers stood still, and he said, ‘Young man, I tell you to get up.’ And the dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him to his mother. Everyone was filled with awe and praised God saying, ‘A great prophet has appeared among us; God has visited his people.’ And this opinion of him spread throughout Judaea and all over the countryside.

Loving Father direct my actions that I may walk with blameless heart. Make me responsible to my duties. Give me a docile spirit, keep guard over my lips. Father I pray for anyone facing challenges. I pray for people who are mourning. Today the encouraging word of my Lord Jesus - 'Do not Cry'. Loving Father our world today is full of so much miseries. War, flood, earthquakes, death, hunger, poverty and insecurity. Loving Father come to our aid. Come Lord to our aid.

Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Our Lady Queen of Peace pray for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY