MASTER, WHAT GOOD DEED MUST I DO?

MONDAY WEEK 20 IN ORDINARY TIME Universalis
SAINT PIUS X, POPE
O Lord, remember me out of the love you have for your people

C.I.: Reading Judges 2:11-19 The Lord appoints judges to rescue the men of Israel

The sons of Israel did what displeases the Lord, and served the Baals. They deserted the Lord, the God of their ancestors, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods from the gods of the peoples round them. They bowed down to these; they provoked the Lord; they deserted the Lord to serve Baal and Astarte. Then the Lord’s anger flamed out against Israel. He handed them over to pillagers who plundered them; he delivered them to the enemies surrounding them, and they were not able to resist them. In every warlike venture, the hand of the Lord was there to foil them, as the Lord had warned, as the Lord had sworn to them. Thus he reduced them to dire distress. 

Then the Lord appointed judges for them, and rescued the men of Israel from the hands of their plunderers. But they would not listen to their judges. They prostituted themselves to other gods, and bowed down before these. Very quickly they left the path their ancestors had trodden in obedience to the orders of the Lord; they did not follow their example. When the Lord appointed judges for them, the Lord was with the judge and rescued them from the hands of their enemies as long as the judge lived, for the Lord felt pity for them as they groaned under the iron grip of their oppressors. But once the judge was dead, they relapsed and behaved even worse than their ancestors. They followed other gods; they served them and bowed before them, and would not give up the practices and stubborn ways of their ancestors at all.

Responsorial Psalm: O Lord, remember me out of the love you have for your people

Gospel Matthew 19:16-22 If you wish to be perfect, go and sell what you own

CDR: There was a man who came to Jesus and asked, ‘Master, what good deed must I do to possess eternal life?’ Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you ask me about what is good? There is one alone who is good. But if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.’ He said, ‘Which?’ ‘These:’ Jesus replied ‘You must not kill. You must not commit adultery. You must not bring false witness. Honour your father and mother, and: you must love your neighbour as yourself.’ The young man said to him, ‘I have kept all these. What more do I need to do?’ Jesus said, ‘If you wish to be perfect, go and sell what you own and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.’ But when the young man heard these words he went away sad, for he was a man of great wealth.

Master, what good deed must I do to possess eternal life?’ Loving Father your law is perfect. You have laid down your precepts for me to follow. Father I have wandered away from your commandments. I have valued things that are of no value to the detriment of you law. Help me Father in my challenge. Father direct my steps, give me your Holy Spirit. Be with me my God, my Father.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. You are right my Lord. It is difficult to abandon oneself to follow your steps and to obey your instructions. Lord Jesus Christ be with me. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint Pius X, Pope pray for me. Angels and Saints of God pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY