GOD'S KINGDOM A HIDDEN TREASURE

WEDNESDAY WEEK 17 IN ORDINARY TIME Universalis
You are holy, O Lord our God

Reading Exodus 34:29-35 Moses passes on to the people the orders given by the Lord

When Moses came down from the mountain of Sinai – as he came down from the mountain, Moses had the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands – he did not know that the skin on his face was radiant after speaking with the Lord. And when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, the skin on his face shone so much that they would not venture near him. But Moses called to them, and Aaron with all the leaders of the community came back to him; and he spoke to them. Then all the sons of Israel came closer, and he passed on to them all the orders that the Lord had given him on the mountain of Sinai. And when Moses had finished speaking to them, he put a veil over his face. Whenever he went into the Lord’s presence to speak with him, Moses would remove the veil until he came out again. And when he came out, he would tell the sons of Israel what he had been ordered to pass on to them, and the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses radiant. Then Moses would put the veil back over his face until he returned to speak with the Lord.

Responsorial Psalm: You are holy, O Lord our God

Gospel Matthew 13:44-46 He sells everything he owns and buys the field

Jesus said to the crowds: ‘The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field which someone has found; he hides it again, goes off happy, sells everything he owns and buys the field. CDR

‘Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls; when he finds one of great value he goes and sells everything he owns and buys it.’ 

Father your Kingdom is a hidden treasure. Give me your Holy Spirit to be my guide and my counselor. Let your Spirit direct my actions. Make me keep your commandments. Give me the grace and courage to be committed in my service to you and humanity. Restore me, bring me to your Son Jesus Christ. Give me insight to His teachings. Make me understand his words for they are life. 

Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Angels of God pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide me. 

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Holy Mother of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY