THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT

SATURDAY WEEK 16 IN ORDINARY TIME Universalis
SAINTS MARTHA, MARY AND LAZARUS
I am the resurrection and the life

Reading Exodus 24:3-8 
This is the blood of the Covenant that the Lord has made with you

Moses went and told the people all the commands of the Lord and all the ordinances. In answer, all the people said with one voice, ‘We will observe all the commands that the Lord has decreed.’ Moses put all the commands of the Lord into writing, and early next morning he built an altar at the foot of the mountain, with twelve standing-stones for the twelve tribes of Israel. Then he directed certain young Israelites to offer holocausts and to immolate bullocks to the Lord as communion sacrifices. Half of the blood Moses took up and put into basins, the other half he cast on the altar. And taking the Book of the Covenant he read it to the listening people, and they said, ‘We will observe all that the Lord has decreed; we will obey.’ Then Moses took the blood and cast it towards the people. This’ he said ‘is the blood of the Covenant that the Lord has made with you, containing all these rules.’

Responsorial Psalm: Pay your sacrifice of thanksgiving to God

Gospel John 11:10-17 I am the resurrection and the life

Many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to sympathise with them over their brother. When Martha heard that Jesus had come she went to meet him. Mary remained sitting in the house. Martha said to Jesus, ‘If you had been here, my brother would not have died, but I know that, even now, whatever you ask of God, he will grant you.’ ‘Your brother’ said Jesus to her ‘will rise again.’ Martha said, ‘I know he will rise again at the resurrection on the last day.’ Jesus said: CDR 

‘I am the resurrection and the life. If anyone believes in me, even though he dies he will live, andwhoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?’
‘Yes, Lord,’ she said ‘I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, the one who was to come into this world.’

Heavenly Father I thank you for sending Jesus Christ. He is the resurrection and life. He gave up his life to redeem me. His Blood is the Blood of the new covenant. Enlighten me by your Spirit to see the beauty of his sacrifice, the Lamb of God slain for my redemption, yet he reigns and triumph as King.

Jesus I trust in you. You are my King for in you I find love. Be with me Lord. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saints Martha, Mary and Lazarus pray for me. God’s Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Holy Queen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LUNDI DE PÂQUES

THE SON OF MAN MUST BE LIFTED UP