BE CAREFUL NOT TO PARADE YOUR GOOD DEEDS BEFORE MEN

WEDNESDAY WEEK 11 IN ORDINARY TIME Universalis
He was free in almsgiving, and gave to the poor - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
Reading 2 Corinthians 9:6-11 There is no limit to the blessings which God can send you

Do not forget: thin sowing means thin reaping; the more you sow, the more you reap. Each one should give what he has decided in his own mind, not grudgingly or because he is made to, for God loves a cheerful giver. And there is no limit to the blessings which God can send you – he will make sure that you will always have all you need for yourselves in every possible circumstance, and still have something to spare for all sorts of good works. As scripture says: He was free in almsgiving, and gave to the poor: his good deeds will never be forgotten. 

The one who provides seed for the sower and bread for food will provide you with all the seed you want and make the harvest of your good deeds a larger one, and, made richer in every way, you will be able to do all the generous things which, through us, are the cause of thanksgiving to God.

Gospel Matthew 6:1-6,16-18 Your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Be careful not to parade your good deeds before men to attract their notice; by doing this you will lose all reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give alms, do not have it trumpeted before you; this is what the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets to win men’s admiration. I tell you solemnly, they have had their reward. But when you give alms, your left hand must not know what your right is doing; your almsgiving must be secret, and your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you. CDR

‘And when you pray, do not imitate the hypocrites: they love to say their prayers standing up in the synagogues and at the street corners for people to see them; I tell you solemnly, they have had their reward. But when you pray, go to your private room and, when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in that secret place, and your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you.

‘When you fast do not put on a gloomy look as the hypocrites do: they pull long faces to let men know they are fasting. I tell you solemnly, they have had their reward. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that no one will know you are fasting except your Father who sees all that is done in secret; and your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you.’ 

My Father in heaven there is no limit to the blessings which you can send. You provide for all my need in every possible circumstance. Father you reward good deeds; you have something to spare for all sorts of good works. Make me humble in all my actions for the benefit of all your creatures. In giving to men, not to count the cost nor parade my generosity to attract attention. True the giver most times yearns for admiration, and appreciation for their generosity. Father you reward secretly for you see in secret. You know us through and through. 

Jesus I trust in you. I give you my heart in worship and adoration. In you I find love, justice and righteousness. You are my Lord and Master. I will follow your instruction. I acknowledge you my Lord and Master. 

Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Angels and Saints pray for me. Saint Aloysius Gonzaga pray for me. My Guardian Angel Pray for me. 

Pray your Holy Rosary : Our Lady Queen and Mother pray for us. Hail Mary. Ave Maria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY