YOUR SORROW WILL TURN TO JOY

FRIDAY 6TH WEEK OF EASTER Universalis 
No one will take your joy from you
Reading Acts 18:9-18 'I have many people on my side in this city'

At Corinth one night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision, ‘Do not be afraid to speak out, nor allow yourself to be silenced: I am with you. I have so many people on my side in this city that no one will even attempt to hurt you.’ So Paul stayed there preaching the word of God among them for eighteen months. 

But, while Gallio was proconsul of Achaia, the Jews made a concerted attack on Paul and brought him before the tribunal. ‘We accuse this man’ they said ‘of persuading people to worship God in a way that breaks the Law.’ Before Paul could open his mouth, Gallio said to the Jews, ‘Listen, you Jews. If this were a misdemeanour or a crime, I would not hesitate to attend to you; but if it is only quibbles about words and names, and about your own Law, then you must deal with it yourselves – I have no intention of making legal decisions about things like that.’ Then he sent them out of the court, and at once they all turned on Sosthenes, the synagogue president, and beat him in front of the court house. Gallio refused to take any notice at all. 

After staying on for some time, Paul took leave of the brothers and sailed for Syria, accompanied by Priscilla and Aquila. At Cenchreae he had his hair cut off, because of a vow he had made.

Gospel John 16:23-23 Your hearts will be full of joy that no-one will take from you

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘I tell you most solemnly, you will be weeping and wailing while the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy. CDR

A woman in childbirth suffers, because her time has come; but when she has given birth to the child she forgets the suffering in her joy that a man has been born into the world. So it is with you: you are sad now, but I shall see you again, and your hearts will be full of joy, and that joy no one shall take from you. When that day comes, you will not ask me any questions.’

If God be for us who can be against us. Loving Father thank you for your merciful love. Thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you for Jesus Christ our Master. Father we are amazed at your gift of Jesus Christ. Open our eyes to see the beauty of your precious gift. Give us your Holy Spirit to make us understand your countless blessings through Jesus Christ. May we grasp the amazing beauty in having Christ in our lives. There may be sorrow. There may be weeping and wailing. For with Christ, our hearts will be full of joy. Jesus Christ is our Master we have every assurance that no one will take away our joy from us. Christ is with us. His Holy Spirit abides in us. We are not afraid for the joy of the Lord is our strength.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Holy Spirit come and dwell in me. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Angels of God and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angels pray for me. Be my guard and guide.

Pray your Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Blessed Mother of our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY