YOU WILL BE BAPTISED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT

MONDAY 4TH WEEK OF EASTER Universalis
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd
Reading Acts 11:1-18  God can grant even the pagans the repentance that leads to life

The apostles and the brothers in Judaea heard that the pagans too had accepted the word of God, and when Peter came up to Jerusalem the Jews criticised him and said, ‘So you have been visiting the uncircumcised and eating with them, have you?’ Peter in reply gave them the details point by point: ‘One day, when I was in the town of Jaffa,’ he began ‘I fell into a trance as I was praying and had a vision of something like a big sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners. This sheet reached the ground quite close to me. I watched it intently and saw all sorts of animals and wild beasts – everything possible that could walk, crawl or fly. Then I heard a voice that said to me, “Now, Peter; kill and eat!” But I answered: Certainly not, Lord; nothing profane or unclean has ever crossed my lips. And a second time the voice spoke from heaven, “What God has made clean, you have no right to call profane.” This was repeated three times, before the whole of it was drawn up to heaven again.......

Gospel John 10:11-18 The good shepherd is one who lays down his life for his sheep

Jesus said: ‘I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd is one who lays down his life for his sheep. The hired man, since he is not the shepherd and the sheep do not belong to him, abandons the sheep and runs away as soon as he sees a wolf coming, and then the wolf attacks and scatters the sheep; this is because he is only a hired man and has no concern for the sheep. CDR

‘I am the good shepherd; I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for my sheep. And there are other sheep I have that are not of this fold, and these I have to lead as well. They too will listen to my voice, and there will be only one flock, and one shepherd.

‘The Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from me; I lay it down of my own free will, and as it is in my power to lay it down, so it is in my power to take it up again; and this is the command I have been given by my Father.’

God my loving Father, it is a new month. Father I thank you for your protection and preservation. Father to you be all glory, worship and adoration through your Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Father give me  your Holy Spirit to be with me. Holy Spirit come take control over my life, my action and transform me. Father give me a loving heart. A heart of compassion and understanding. Sometimes I condemn things I do not understand, judge my fellow creatures and discriminate against them. Make me understand that all creatures are your children most especially those called to be members of Christ body.

You do not discriminate Father. You love all your creatures and kept your promise through your Son Jesus Christ for all to be baptized with the Holy Spirit. Father send forth your Spirit and renew our world through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Lord Jesus Christ our Good Shepherd, you laid down your life to save humanity. We your sheep acknowledge you our Lord and Redeemer. Keep us in your sheepfold.

Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me.  Guide and guard me.

Pray Your Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Ave Maria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY