THE WORKS I DO IN MY FATHER’S NAME ARE MY WITNESS

TUESDAY 4TH WEEK OF EASTER Universalis
How much longer are you going to keep us in suspense
Reading Acts 11:19-26 They started preaching to the Greeks, proclaiming the Lord Jesus

Those who had escaped during the persecution that happened because of Stephen travelled as far as Phoenicia and Cyprus and Antioch, but they usually proclaimed the message only to Jews. Some of them, however, who came from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch where they started preaching to the Greeks, proclaiming the Good News of the Lord Jesus to them as well. The Lord helped them, and a great number believed and were converted to the Lord. 

The church in Jerusalem heard about this and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. There he could see for himself that God had given grace, and this pleased him, and he urged them all to remain faithful to the Lord with heartfelt devotion; for he was a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and with faith. And a large number of people were won over to the Lord. 

Barnabas then left for Tarsus to look for Saul, and when he found him he brought him to Antioch. As things turned out they were to live together in that church a whole year, instructing a large number of people. It was at Antioch that the disciples were first called ‘Christians.’

Gospel John 10:22-30 The Father and I are one

It was the time when the feast of Dedication was being celebrated in Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was in the Temple walking up and down in the Portico of Solomon. The Jews gathered round him and said, ‘How much longer are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.’ Jesus replied: CDR

‘I have told you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name are my witness; but you do not believe, because you are no sheep of mine. The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life; they will never be lost and no one will ever steal them from me. The Father who gave them to me is greater than anyone, and no one can steal from the Father. The Father and I are one.’ 

Father how majestic is your name. Father you are shrouded in mystery. We marvel and we ponder at your great work. The most ancient of all mysteries is the mystery of your Son Jesus Christ. Help us understand your love for all your creatures that you revealed through Jesus Christ. 

Give me your Holy Spirit to instruct me as I read your words in the Holy scriptures. I stand in awe in effort to understand your teachings through Jesus Christ. I am full of suspense. Let my suspense not bring me to condemnation, but to trust and believe that truly Jesus Christ is the Saviour and Redeemer of the world. He is the Word made flesh. He is the Holy One, the Son of God Most High our creator and Father. 

Lord Jesus Christ my true Shepherd I believe and I trust in you. Keep me Lord for I belong to you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. SaintAthanasius pray for me. God’s Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me.

Pray your Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY