I CALL YOU FRIENDS

FRIDAY 5TH WEEK OF EASTER Universalis
This is my commandment: love one another
Reading Acts 15:22-31 
It has been decided by the Holy Spirit and by us not to burden you beyond these essentials

The apostles and elders decided to choose delegates to send to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; the whole church concurred with this. They chose Judas known as Barsabbas and Silas, both leading men in the brotherhood, and gave them this letter to take with them: 

‘The apostles and elders, your brothers, send greetings to the brothers of pagan birth in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia. We hear that some of our members have disturbed you with their demands and have unsettled your minds. They acted without any authority from us; and so we have decided unanimously to elect delegates and to send them to you with Barnabas and Paul, men we highly respect who have dedicated their lives to the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accordingly we are sending you Judas and Silas, who will confirm by word of mouth what we have written in this letter. It has been decided by the Holy Spirit and by ourselves not to saddle you with any burden beyond these essentials: you are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols; from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from fornication. Avoid these, and you will do what is right. Farewell.’

The party left and went down to Antioch, where they summoned the whole community and delivered the letter. The community read it and were delighted with the encouragement it gave them.

Gospel John 15:12-17 What I command you is to love one another

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘This is my commandment: love one another, as I have loved you. A man can have no greater love than to lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends, if you do what I command you. CDR

I shall not call you servants any more, because a servant does not know his master’s business; I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have learnt from my Father.

You did not choose me: no, I chose you; and I commissioned you to go out and to bear fruit, fruit that will last; and then the Father will give you anything you ask him in my name. What I command you is to love one another.

My Father in heaven, I thank you for your Son Jesus Christ. God my Father I adore you in the presence of your angels.

Lord Jesus Christ my Master you gave a command that we should love one another, as you have loved us. You showed us how much you loved us by laying down your life to save us for you have called us your friend. Indeed, Lord what a friend we have in you, direct us so that we may obey your command. 

Jesus you are our teacher, you taught us what you have learnt from God the Father, you choose us and commissioned us to go out and to bear fruit, fruit that will last. Lord you said if we do this: whatever we ask in your name the Father will give us. 

Lord we dedicate ourselves to you. Give us your Holy Spirit to direct and guide our actions. May we lift burden from our brothers and sisters. May we not to saddle them beyond what is essential for your Kingdom advancement. Abide with us Lord. 

Jesus I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Christ pray for me. Saint joseph pray for me. God’s Holy Angels and Saints pray me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me. Lord Jesus Christ I thank you for loving me.

Pray your Rosary: Ave Maria. Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen, Mother of our redeemer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY