ASK FOR ANYTHING IN MY NAME

SATURDAY 6TH WEEK OF EASTER 
Ask and you will receive, and so your joy will be complete
Reading Acts16:23-28 Apollos demonstrated from the scriptures that Jesus was the Christ

Paul came down to Antioch, where he spent a short time before continuing his journey through the Galatian country and then through Phrygia, encouraging all the followers.

An Alexandrian Jew named Apollos now arrived in Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, with a sound knowledge of the scriptures, and yet, though he had been given instruction in the Way of the Lord and preached with great spiritual earnestness and was accurate in all the details he taught about Jesus, he had only experienced the baptism of John. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him speak boldly in the synagogue, they took an interest in him and gave him further instruction about the Way.

When Apollos thought of crossing over to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote asking the disciples to welcome him. When he arrived there he was able by God’s grace to help the believers considerably by the energetic way he refuted the Jews in public and demonstrated from the scriptures that Jesus was the Christ

Gospel John 16:23-38 The Father loves you for loving me and believing that I came from God

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘I tell you most solemnly, anything you ask for from the Father he will grant in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and so your joy will be complete. CDR

I have been telling you all this in metaphors, the hour is coming when I shall no longer speak to you in metaphors; but tell you about the Father in plain words. When that day comes you will ask in my name; and I do not say that I shall pray to the Father for you, because the Father himself loves you for loving me and believing that I came from God. I came from the Father and have come into the world and now I leave the world to go to the Father.’

Heavenly Father we praise you. Father you are  king of all the earth. We sing your praise with all our skill. Father you are king over the nations. Your reign is eternal. Father it very comforting to know through your Son Jesus Christ that anything we ask from you in his name, you will grant us Father. It is beautiful to know that you love us your creatures because we love Jesus Christ. Each day we experience your gifts in creation. We experience your saving grace in our lives. We experience joy because of your benevolence. Father send us your Holy Spirit this we ask in the Most Holy Name of your Son Jesus Christ, our Lord and Master.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Forgive me for the times I have doubted your words.  Thank you Lord for persevering with me in my lack of faith. Be with me Lord I want to rest with you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Angels of God pray for me. All you Saints in heaven pray for me. My Guardian Angel pry for me. 

Pray your Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY