A VIRTUOUS MAN’S OFFERING GRACES THE ALTAR

TUESDAY WEEK 8 IN ORDINARY TIME  Universalis
For my sake and for the sake of the gospel
Reading Ecclesiasticus 35:2-15 Give to the Most High as he has given to you

A man multiplies offerings by keeping the Law; he offers communion sacrifices by following the commandments. By showing gratitude he makes an offering of fine flour, by giving alms he offers a sacrifice of praise. Withdraw from wickedness and the Lord will be pleased, withdraw from injustice and you make atonement. Do not appear empty-handed in the Lord’s presence; for all these things are due under the commandment.

A virtuous man’s offering graces the altar, and its savour rises before the Most High. A virtuous man’s sacrifice is acceptable, its memorial will not be forgotten.  Honour the Lord with generosity, do not stint the first-fruits you bring. Add a smiling face to all your gifts, and be cheerful as you dedicate your tithes. Give to the Most High as he has given to you, generously as your means can afford; for the Lord is a good rewarder, he will reward you seven times over. 


Offer him no bribe, he will not accept it, do not put your faith in an unvirtuous sacrifice; since the Lord is a judge who is no respecter of personages. 

Gospel Mark 10:28-31 Whoever has left everything for the sake of the gospel will be repaid

At that time Peter began to tell Jesus, ‘What about us? We have left everything and followed you.’ Jesus said, ‘I tell you solemnly, there is no one who has left house, brothers, sisters, father, children or land for my sake and for the sake of the gospel who will not be repaid a hundred times over, houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and land – not without persecutions – now in this present time and, in the world to come, eternal life.  CDR

‘Many who are first will be last, and the last first.’ 

Loving Father, my God give me a generous heart to give to you the Most High as you have given to me. Accept my offerings in keeping your Law. May I offer the sacrifices of communion by following your commandments. 

I make my offering of gratitude to you as I offer you sacrifice of praise. I offer you  my talent, time and treasure. Give me a pure hear free from wickedness. May I pursue justice, and make atonement whenever I stray from your commandments. 

Father I offer you all that have, all my being in sincerity of heart for you Most High God deserves all Honor. Father I thank you for your generosity. Lord thank you for your goodness. 

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide me. Protect me. 

Pray your Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Holy Queen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY