YOUR RANSOM WAS PAID IN THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST

3RD SUNDAY OF EASTER Universalis 
They recognised him at the breaking of bread
First Reading Acts 2:14,22-33 God raised this man Jesus to life, and all of us are witnesses to this

On the day of Pentecost Peter stood up with the Eleven and addressed the crowd in a loud voice: ‘Men of Israel, listen to what I am going to say: Jesus the Nazarene was a man commended to you by God by the miracles and portents and signs that God worked through him when he was among you, as you all know. This man, who was put into your power by the deliberate intention and foreknowledge of God, you took and had crucified by men outside the Law. You killed him, but God raised him to life, freeing him from the pangs of Hades; for it was impossible for him to be held in its power since, as David says of him:

I saw the Lord before me always, for with him at my right hand nothing can shake me. So my heart was glad and my tongue cried out with joy; my body, too, will rest in the hope that you will not abandon my soul to Hades nor allow your holy one to experience corruption. You have made known the way of life to me, you will fill me with gladness through your presence......

Second Reading 1 Peter 1:17-21 Your ransom was paid in the precious blood of Christ

If you are acknowledging as your Father one who has no favourites and judges everyone according to what he has done, you must be scrupulously careful as long as you are living away from your home. Remember, the ransom that was paid to free you from the useless way of life your ancestors handed down was not paid in anything corruptible, neither in silver nor gold, but in the precious blood of a lamb without spot or stain, namely Christ; who, though known since before the world was made, has been revealed only in our time, the end of the ages, for your sake. Through him you now have faith in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory for that very reason – so that you would have faith and hope in God.

Gospel Luke 24:13-35 They recognised him at the breaking of bread 

Two of the disciples of Jesus were on their way to a village called Emmaus, seven miles from Jerusalem, and they were talking together about all that had happened. Now as they talked this over, Jesus himself came up and walked by their side; but something prevented them from recognising him. He said to them, ‘What matters are you discussing as you walk along?’ They stopped short, their faces downcast.  CDR

Then one of them, called Cleopas, answered him, ‘You must be the only person staying in Jerusalem who does not know the things that have been happening there these last few days.’ ‘What things?’ he asked. ‘All about Jesus of Nazareth’ they answered ‘who proved he was a great prophet by the things he said and did in the sight of God and of the whole people; and how our chief priests and our leaders handed him over to be sentenced to death, and had him crucified. Our own hope had been that he would be the one to set Israel free. And this is not all: two whole days have gone by since it all happened; and some women from our group have astounded us: they went to the tomb in the early morning, and when they did not find the body, they came back to tell us they had seen a vision of angels who declared he was alive. Some of our friends went to the tomb and found everything exactly as the women had reported, but of him they saw nothing.’.....

Heavenly Father thank you for Christ paid my ransom by His Precious Blood. Father I acknowledge your Supremacy over all created things.  forgive my ingratitude towards you. Forgive my doubt of your love for me your poor creature. Through Jesus Christ I have faith, I believe in your saving grace. You are always before me yet I am blind. Lord open my eyes, that I may see the beauty of your glory. Give me your Holy Spirit for with you Father at my right hand nothing can shake me. The joy of your Spirit will gladden my heart and I will sing joyfully your praise. I will rest in assurance for you will never abandon me. Father you will direct me and make me know the path to follow. Your presence will be my gladness.

 Lord Jesus Christ be my companion till death. Speak to me Lord. Teach me Lord. Make me obey your instruction. Holy Spirit come abide with me. Lord Jesus Christ I believe your presence in the Holy Eucharist. Lord you will not abandon me. Thank you Jesus for you paid a huge ransom to redeem me from bondage by your Precious Blood. Jesus I trust in you.

Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. 

Pray the Holy Rosary. Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Mary Mother of Christ my redeemer, pray for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY