WHAT I WANT IS LOVE AND KNOWLEDGE OF GOD

SATURDAY WEEK 3 OF LENT Universalis
“God, be merciful to me, a sinner.” 
Reading Hosea 5:15-6,6 
What I want is love, not sacrifice and holocausts

The Lord says this:

They will search for me in their misery. ‘Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces, but he will heal us; he has struck us down, but he will bandage our wounds; after a day or two he will bring us back to life, on the third day he will raise us and we shall live in his presence. Gospel

Let us set ourselves to know the Lord; that he will come is as certain as the dawn his judgement will rise like the light, he will come to us as showers come, like spring rains watering the earth.’ What am I to do with you, Ephraim? What am I to do with you, Judah? CDR

This love of yours is like a morning cloud, like the dew that quickly disappears. This is why I have torn them to pieces by the prophets, why I slaughtered them with the words from my mouth, since what I want is love, not sacrifice; knowledge of God, not holocausts.

Have mercy on me, God, in your kindness.  In your compassion blot out my offence. O wash me more and more from my guilt and cleanse me from my sin. My soul yearns for you, God of my life. Bring me back to you, heal me. Raise me up Father, may I live in your presence. Give me knowledge of you, let your judgement rise like the light that dispel my darkness. Father you do not take delight in sacrifice. My sacrifice to you is a contrite spirit and a humble heart. Father accept my sacrifice. Be merciful to me a sinner. Psalm 51

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Sacred heart of Jesus thy Kingdom come. Sacred heart of Jesus I believe in your love for me. Sacred heart of Jesus I place all my trust in you. Immaculate heart of Mary, pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide me. Protect me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria. Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Holy Queen, Mother of our Lord and Saviour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY