THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS ALIVE IN YOU

5TH SUNDAY OF LENT Universalis
‘I am the resurrection and the life.
First Reading Ezekiel 37:12-14 
I shall put my spirit in you, and you will live

The Lord says this: I am now going to open your graves; I mean to raise you from your graves, my people, and lead you back to the soil of Israel. And you will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and raise you from your graves, my people. And I shall put my spirit in you, and you will live, and I shall resettle you on your own soil; and you will know that I, the Lord, have said and done this – it is the Lord who speak.

Second Reading Romans 8:8-11 
The Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you

People who are interested only in unspiritual things can never be pleasing to God. Your interests, however, are not in the unspiritual, but in the spiritual, since the Spirit of God has made his home in you. In fact, unless you possessed the Spirit of Christ you would not belong to him. Though your body may be dead it is because of sin, but if Christ is in you then your spirit is life itself because you have been justified; and if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, then he who raised Jesus from the dead will give life to your own mortal bodies through his Spirit living in you.

Gospel John 11:1-45 I am the resurrection and the life

There was a man named Lazarus who lived in the village of Bethany with the two sisters, Mary and Martha, and he was ill. It was the same Mary, the sister of the sick man Lazarus, who anointed the Lord with ointment and wiped his feet with her hair. The sisters sent this message to Jesus, ‘Lord, the man you love is ill.’ On receiving the message, Jesus said, ‘This sickness will end not in death but in God’s glory, and through it the Son of God will be glorified.’  CDR

Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus, yet when he heard that Lazarus was ill he stayed where he was for two more days before saying to the disciples, ‘Let us go to Judaea.’ The disciples said, ‘Rabbi, it is not long since the Jews wanted to stone you; are you going back again?’ Jesus replied: 

‘Are there not twelve hours in the day? A man can walk in the daytime without stumbling because he has the light of this world to see by; but if he walks at night he stumbles, because there is no light to guide him.....

God my Father with you there is mercy and fullness of redemption. Father forgive me my sins, for I cry out to you from the depth of my heart. Open my grave and raise me raise up. Bring me back to you. You are my Lord, let your spirit dwell in me that I will live.

May my actions be pleasing to you for your Spirit has made his home in me. Let Christ Spirit possess me for I belong to him. My body may be dead because of sin, I believe Jesus Christ’s Spirit dwells in me and so my spirit is alive. I am justified by the Spirit of God who raised Jesus from the dead. I believe God who raised Jesus from the dead will give life to my mortal body through His Spirit that lives in me.

Lord Jesus Christ I believe in you for you are the resurrection and the life. Give life to my spirit that I may live. Sacred heart of Jesus I place all my trust in you. Sacred heart of Jesus I believe in your love for me. Immaculate heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY