THE FATHER THE SOURCE OF LIFE MADE THE SON THE SOURCE OF LIFE

WEDNESDAY WEEK 4 OF LENT Universalis
The dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and all who hear it will live
Reading Isaiah 49:8-15 On the day of salvation I will help you
Thus says the Lord:

At the favourable time I will answer you, on the day of salvation I will help you. (I have formed you and have appointed you as covenant of the people.) I will restore the land and assign you the estates that lie waste. I will say to the prisoners, ‘Come out’, to those who are in darkness, ‘Show yourselves.’

On every roadway they will graze, and each bare height shall be their pasture. They will never hunger or thirst, scorching wind and sun shall never plague them; for he who pities them will lead them and guide them to springs of water. I will make a highway of all the mountains, and the high roads shall be banked up.

Some are on their way from afar, others from the north and the west, others from the land of Sinim. Shout for joy, you heavens; exult, you earth! You mountains, break into happy cries! For the Lord consoles his people and takes pity on those who are afflicted.

For Zion was saying, ‘The Lord has abandoned me, the Lord has forgotten me.’ Does a woman forget her baby at the breast, or fail to cherish the son of her womb? Yet even if these forget, I will never forget you.

Gospel John 15:17-30 The dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and all who hear it will live

Jesus said to the Jews, ‘My Father goes on working, and so do I.’ But that only made them even more intent on killing him, because, not content with breaking the sabbath, he spoke of God as his own Father, and so made himself God’s equal..... CDR

My God, my Father you are full of compassion. Merciful Father I believe in your promise that at the favorable time you will answer me. You will come to my help on the day of salvation. Father you formed me and made me a covenant child. Father you will restore all I have lost, and raise me up once again. You will bring me out from darkness to light. Father my provider I will never hunger or thirst, scorching wind and sun shall never plague me. You will have pity on me, you will lead and guide me to springs of water. Father you will console me. My God I know you will never abandon me, nor forget me for I am precious in your eyes. Psalm 86

Lord Jesus Christ Son of God Most High I trust in you. Sacred heart of Jesus I believe in your love for me. Sacred heart of Jesus I place all my trust in you. Immaculate heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Mother of our Lord and Saviour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY