SUSANNAH AND THE TWO ELDERS

MONDAY 5TH WEEK OF LENT Universalis
Master, this woman was caught in the very act of committing adultery
Gospel John 8:1-11
'Let the one among you who has not sinned be the first to throw a stone'

Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. At daybreak he appeared in the Temple again; and as all the people came to him, he sat down and began to teach them. CDR

The scribes and Pharisees brought a woman along who had been caught committing adultery; and making her stand there in full view of everybody, they said to Jesus, ‘Master, this woman was caught in the very act of committing adultery, and Moses has ordered us in the Law to condemn women like this to death by stoning. What have you to say?’ They asked him this as a test, looking for something to use against him.

 But Jesus bent down and started writing on the ground with his finger. As they persisted with their question, he looked up and said, ‘If there is one of you who has not sinned, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.’ Then he bent down and wrote on the ground again. When they heard this they went away one by one, beginning with the eldest, until Jesus was left alone with the woman, who remained standing there. He looked up and said, ‘Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?’ ‘No one, sir’ she replied. ‘Neither do I condemn you,’ said Jesus ‘go away, and do not sin any more.’

First Reading  Daniel 13:1-9,15-17,19-30,33-62

Eternal God thank you for the new week. Father you know all secrets and everything before it happens. Father deliver me from false evidence.  Deliver me from evil plots from those who hate me. Deliver from malice my enemies may  have invented against me. Father let my goodness not bring my down fall. Let my act of goodness and generosity not bring about my death. My Lord and my Shepherd I am yours. You will set and table before me in the sight of my enemies. Though they my plan evil against me, I will be victorious for I will see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living. Give wisdom to our elders may their lives be instruments of good example for emulation.  Psalm 27

Thank you loving Father, for my victory comes from you. I delivered from death for Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour came to redeem me. He paid the price through His death on the Cross.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Sacred heart of Jesus I believe in your love for me. Sacred heart of Jesus I place all my trust in you. Immaculate heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’ Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Virgin Mary our Blessed Mother, Queen of Sorrows pray for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY