LORD WHY SHOULD YOUR ANGER BLAZE AGAINST YOUR PEOPLE?

THURSDAY 4TH WEEEK OF LENT Universalis I come in the name of my Father and you refuse to accept me
Reading Exodus 32:7-14 Moses pleads with the Lord his God to spare Israel

The Lord spoke to Moses, ‘Go down now, because your people whom you brought out of Egypt have apostatised. They have been quick to leave the way I marked out for them; they have made themselves a calf of molten metal and have worshipped it and offered it sacrifice. “Here is your God, Israel,” they have cried “who brought you up from the land of Egypt!”’ the Lord said to Moses, ‘I can see how headstrong these people are! Leave me, now, my wrath shall blaze out against them and devour them; of you, however, I will make a great nation.’ 

But Moses pleaded with the Lord his God. ‘Lord,’ he said ‘why should your wrath blaze out against this people of yours whom you brought out of the land of Egypt with arm outstretched and mighty hand? Why let the Egyptians say, “Ah, it was in treachery that he brought them out, to do them to death in the mountains and wipe them off the face of the earth”? Leave your burning wrath; relent and do not bring this disaster on your people. Remember Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, your servants to whom by your own self you swore and made this promise: I will make your offspring as many as the stars of heaven, and all this land which I promised I will give to your descendants, and it shall be their heritage for ever.’

So the Lord relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.

Gospel  John 5:31-47 You place your hopes on Moses but Moses will be your accuser

Jesus said to the Jews: “If I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is not true. But there is another who testifies on my behalf, and I know that the testimony he gives on my behalf is true. You sent emissaries to John, and he testified to the truth. I do not accept human testimony, but I say this so that you may be saved. He was a burning and shining lamp, and for a while you were content to rejoice in his light. But I have testimony greater than John’s. The works that the Father gave me to accomplish, these works that I perform testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me. Moreover, the Father who sent me has testified on my behalf. But you have never heard his voice nor seen his form, and you do not have his word remaining in you, because you do not believe in the one whom he has sent. You search the Scriptures, because you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf. But you do not want to come to me to have life...... CDR

My Father, my God we have sinned against you. Father relent, have mercy on us. We acknowledge our sins before you. Father why should your wrath blaze out against us your children whom you have redeemed by the precious blood of your beloved Son Jesus Christ.  Why let our enemies mock us, and Jesus Christ’s death and sacrifice be in vain. Father relent and do not bring disaster on us your people for the sake of our Father in faith Abraham, and his descendants.

 
Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Redeemer, thank you for accomplishing the work of our redemption assigned to you by God our Father in heaven. God the Father sent you to redeem humanity, testified on your behalf through the holy scriptures. We come to you source of life that we may have life. You came in the name of God the Father, we acknowledge you Lord, Redeemer and Saviour. Lord do not bring us to judgement before the Father, we believe in your words and the scripture’s testimony concerning your coming. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Psalm 51
 
Sacred heart of Jesus thy Kingdom come. Sacred heart of Jesus I believe in your love for me. Sacred heart of Jesus I place all my trust in you. Immaculate heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angels pray for me. Protect me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria. Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Virgin Mother of our Lord and Redeemer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY