KEEP GOD'S COMMANDS AND BE CONSECRATED

 SATURDAY 1ST WEEK OF LENT Universalis
 love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Reading Deuteronomy 26-16-19 You will be a people consecrated to the Lord

Moses said to the people: ‘The Lord your God today commands you to observe these laws and customs; you must keep and observe them with all your heart and with all your soul. 

‘You have today made this declaration about the Lord: that he will be your God, but only if you follow his ways, keep his statutes, his commandments, his ordinances, and listen to his voice. And the Lord has today made this declaration about you: that you will be his very own people as he promised you, but only if you keep all his commandments; then for praise and renown and honour he will set you high above all the nations he has made, and you will be a people consecrated to the Lord, as he promised.’

Responsorial Psalm: They are happy who follow God’s law!

Gospel Matthew 5:43-48 Pray for those who persecute you

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘You have learnt how it was said: You must love your neighbour and hate your enemy. 

But I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you; in this way you will be sons of your Father in heaven, for he causes his sun to rise on bad men as well as good, and his rain to fall on honest and dishonest men alike. For if you love those who love you, what right have you to claim any credit? Even the tax collectors do as much, do they not? And if you save your greetings for your brothers, are you doing anything exceptional? Even the pagans do as much, do they not? You must therefore be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect.’ CDR

My God, happy are the people who keep your law. Give me courage Father, make me know your ways that I may walk in your truth. Make me follow your ways, keep your statutes, your commandments, your ordinances, and listen to your voice. Father may I be consecrated to you.  Hear my prayer through Jesus Christ your Son.

Lord Jesus Christ you said I should love my enemies and pray for those who persecute me. Give me a heart like yours for it is difficult to act in this manner. It is like seeing danger and walking into it, putting one's life at risk. True you said Lord for those who want to save their lives they will loose it, and those who risk their lives will gain it. Give me wisdom and guide me. Keep me from danger in trying to love my known enemies and unknown enemies. Preserve me Lord for I take refuge in you. Guide my steps, create a pure heart for me Lord. A heart that bears no grudge, resentment or hatred. Help me Lord give me a childlike heart.

Lord Jesus  I trust in you. Sacred Heart of Jesus I place my trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary  pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me. Guide and guard me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Virgin Mother of Jesus Christ, my Mother pray for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY