HIS FACE SHONE LIKE THE SUN

2ND SUNDAY OF LENT
God calls and enlightens us
First Reading Genesis 12:1-4 All the tribes of the earth shall bless themselves by you

The Lord said to Abram, ‘Leave your country, your family and your father’s house, for the land I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name so famous that it will be used as a blessing.

‘I will bless those who bless you:  I will curse those who slight you. All the tribes of the earth  shall bless themselves by you.’
So Abram went as the Lord told him.
Responsorial Psalm: May your love be upon us, O Lord, as we place all our hope in you
Second Reading 2Timothy 1:8-10 God calls and enlightens us
With me, bear the hardships for the sake of the Good News, relying on the power of God who has saved us and called us to be holy – not because of anything we ourselves have done but for his own purpose and by his own grace. This grace had already been granted to us, in Christ Jesus, before the beginning of time, but it has only been revealed by the Appearing of our saviour Christ Jesus. He abolished death, and he has proclaimed life and immortality through the Good News.
 
Gospel Matthew 17:1-9 His face shone like the sun

Jesus took with him Peter and James and his brother John and led them up a high mountain where they could be alone. There in their presence he was transfigured: his face shone like the sun and his clothes became as white as the light. Suddenly Moses and Elijah appeared to them; they were talking with him. Then Peter spoke to Jesus. ‘Lord,’ he said ‘it is wonderful for us to be here; if you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.’ He was still speaking when suddenly a bright cloud covered them with shadow, and from the cloud there came a voice which said, ‘This is my Son, the Beloved; he enjoys my favour. Listen to him.’ When they heard this the disciples fell on their faces, overcome with fear. But Jesus came up and touched them. ‘Stand up,’ he said ‘do not be afraid.’ And when they raised their eyes they saw no one but only Jesus. CDR

As they came down from the mountain Jesus gave them this order, ‘Tell no one about the vision until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.’

My God make me listen to Jesus Christ your beloved Son, make me obey him. Father give me courage and perseverance in my spiritual journey towards my salvation.  Father I rely on your saving power and grace.  Father you have called me to holiness by your  saving grace granted to me in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.  Jesus Christ abolished death, he proclaimed life and immortality. He is the source of life. Lord Jesus I trust in you, transform me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen.

Sacred Heart of Jesus make my heart like yours. Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Gods Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide and guard me.

French Version: PEE
Reflections: Évangeli  et RC SON VISAGE DEVINT BRILLANT COMME LE SOLEIL

Mon Dieu fais-moi écouter Jésus-Christ, ton Fils bien-aimé, fais-moi lui obéir. Père donne-moi courage et persévérance dans mon cheminement spirituel vers mon salut. Père, je compte sur ta puissance salvatrice et ta grâce. Père, tu m’as appelé à la sainteté par ta grâce salvifique qui m’a été accordée en Jésus-Christ avant le commencement des temps. Jésus-Christ a aboli la mort, il a proclamé la vie et l’immortalité. Il est la source de la vie. Seigneur Jésus, j’ai confiance en toi, transforme-moi.

Priez le Saint Rosaire : Je vous salue Marie. Je vous salue Sainte Reine.

Sacré-Cœur de Jésus rend mon cœur semblable comme le tien. Cœur Immaculé de Marie prie pour moi. Saint Joseph prie pour moi. Les saints anges et saints prient pour moi. Mon Ange Gardien prie pour moi. Guide-moi et garde-moi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY