FATHER I AM ALONE, I HAVE NO ONE BUT YOU

THURSDAY 1ST WEEK OF LENT Universalis 
Ask, and it will be given to you
Reading Esther  4:17  I am alone, Lord, and have no-one but you

Queen Esther took refuge with the Lord in the mortal peril which had overtaken her. She besought the Lord God of Israel in these words:

‘My Lord, our King, the only one, come to my help, for I am alone and have no helper but you and am about to take my life in my hands. ‘I have been taught from my earliest years, in the bosom of my family, that you, Lord, chose Israel out of all the nations and our ancestors out of all the people of old times to be your heritage forever; and that you have treated them as you promised.

‘Remember, Lord; reveal yourself in the time of our distress. ‘As for me, give me courage, King of gods and master of all power. Put persuasive words into my mouth when I face the lion; change his feeling into hatred for our enemy, that the latter and all like him may be brought to their end.

‘As for ourselves, save us by your hand, and come to my help, for I am alone and have no one but you, Lord.’

Responsorial Psalm: On the day I called, you answered me, O Lord

Gospel Matthew 7:7-12 Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find

Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For the one who asks always receives; the one who searches always finds; the one who knocks will always have the door opened to him. Is there a man among you who would hand his son a stone when he asked for bread? Or would hand him a snake when he asked for a fish? If you, then, who are evil, know how to give your children what is good, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask him! CDR

‘So always treat others as you would like them to treat you; that is the meaning of the Law and the Prophets.’


My Father, my God,  my Lord, my helper I come before you. Father I thank you for your goodness and compassion. Father you alone are God, there is none like you. Father, I am alone, I have no one but you. Father I place all my hope in you for all good things comes from you.

Lord Jesus Christ you said if I ask, it will be given to me, that  I should search, and I will find, and that when I knock, the door will be opened to me.  I come before you Lord asking for Spirit of  knowledge and understanding. To know God's will and purpose in my life. I pray for courage to embrace God's will.  Give me patience to wait on God's appointed time. I place all my dreams and aspirations in God's loving hands. I pray for God's Spirit to guide and direct my actions. Father I make my prayer through Jesus Christ my Lord and redeemer.

Lord Jesus  I trust in you. Virgin Mary my  Mother  pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide and protect me.

Pray the Rosary. Ave Maria. Hail Mary full of grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY