A MAIDEN WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A SON

SATURDAY 5TH WEEK OF LENT THE ANNUNCIATION OF THE LORD 
‘Rejoice, so highly favoured! The Lord is with you.’ Universalis
First Reading Isaiah 7:10-14,8:10 The maiden is with child

The Lord spoke to Ahaz and said, ‘Ask the Lord your God for a sign for yourself coming either from the depths of Sheol or from the heights above.’ ‘No,’ Ahaz answered ‘I will not put the Lord to the test.’

Then Isaiah said: ‘Listen now, House of David: are you not satisfied with trying the patience of men without trying the patience of my God, too? The Lord himself, therefore, will give you a sign. It is this: the maiden is with child and will soon give birth to a son whom she will call Immanuel, a name which means “God-is-with-us.”’

Second Reading Hebrew 10:4-10
God's will was for us to be made holy by the offering of his  body made once and for all by Jesus Christ.

Gospel Luke 1:26-38 'I am the handmaid of the Lord'

The angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joseph, of the House of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary. He went in and said to her, ‘Rejoice, so highly favoured! The Lord is with you.’ CDR

Loving Father, merciful God slow in anger full of compassion thank you for your Son Jesus Christ, our Immanuel - God-is-with-us. Blessed be God both now and for ever. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Sacred heart of Jesus I believe in your love for me. Sacred heart of Jesus I place all my trust in you. Immaculate heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Angel Gabriel pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee Blessed art thou among women, and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Hail Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

As the Dewy Shades  Hail Thou Star of Ocean

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY