A CURSE ON THE MAN WHO PUTS HIS TRUST IN MAN

THURSDAY 2ND WEEK OF LENT Universalis
Reading Jeremiah 17:5-10 
A curse on the man who puts his trust in man  and turns from the Lord

The Lord says this:

‘A curse on the man who puts his trust in man, who relies on things of flesh, whose heart turns from the Lord. He is like dry scrub in the wastelands: if good comes, he has no eyes for it, he settles in the parched places of the wilderness, a salt land, uninhabited.

‘A blessing on the man who puts his trust in the Lord, with the Lord for his hope. He is like a tree by the waterside that thrusts its roots to the stream: when the heat comes it feels no alarm, its foliage stays green; it has no worries in a year of drought, and never ceases to bear fruit.

‘The heart is more devious than any other thing, perverse too: who can pierce its secrets? I, the Lord, search to the heart, I probe the loins, to give each man what his conduct and his actions deserve.

Catholic Daily Reflection CDR

My God and Father happy the man who has placed his trust in you. My God I place all my hope and trust in you for I do not rely on fellow creatures for my sustenance, for my deliverance, for my salvation. Father trusting in your saving help is the best assurance for I will have no fear, nor worries for you are faithful and compassionate. You are loving, full of mercy and forgiving.

Father it is true the heart of my is a mystery, you alone can discern the secrets and actions of your creatures. Father save me from evil and devious creatures. 

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Sacred heart of Jesus I place my trust in you. I believe in your love for me. Sweet heart of Jesus be my protection. Immaculate heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me. Defend me. Psalm 27

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Holy Queen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY