TO SERVE THE LORD, BE PREPARED FOR AN ORDEAL

TUESDAY WEEK 7 IN ORDINARY TIME Universalis
To be great you must be servant of all
Reading Ecclesiasticus 2:1-11 
The chosen are tested like gold in the fire

My son, if you aspire to serve the Lord, prepare yourself for an ordeal. Be sincere of heart, be steadfast, and do not be alarmed when disaster comes. Cling to him and do not leave him, so that you may be honoured at the end of your days. Whatever happens to you, accept it, and in the uncertainties of your humble state, be patient, since gold is tested in the fire, and chosen men in the furnace of humiliation.
 
Trust him and he will uphold you, follow a straight path and hope in him. You who fear the Lord, wait for his mercy; do not turn aside in case you fall. You who fear the Lord, trust him, and you will not be baulked of your reward.  You who fear the Lord hope for good things, for everlasting happiness and mercy.
 
Look at the generations of old and see:   whoever trusted in the Lord and was put to shame? Or whoever feared him steadfastly and was left forsaken?   Or who ever called out to him, and was ignored? For the Lord is compassionate and merciful, he forgives sins, and saves in days of distress.

Responsorial Psalm: Commit your life to the Lord, trust him and he will act

Gospel Mark 9:30-37 Anyone who welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me

Jesus and his disciples made their way through Galilee; and he did not want anyone to know, because he was instructing his disciples; he was telling them, ‘The Son of Man will be delivered into the hands of men; they will put him to death; and three days after he has been put to death he will rise again.’ But they did not understand what he said and were afraid to ask him. CDR

They came to Capernaum, and when he was in the house he asked them, ‘What were you arguing about on the road?’ They said nothing because they had been arguing which of them was the greatest. So he sat down, called the Twelve to him and said, ‘If anyone wants to be first, he must make himself last of all and servant of all.’ He then took a little child, set him in front of them, put his arms round him, and said to them, ‘Anyone who welcomes one of these little children in my name, welcomes me; and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me.’

God my Father in heaven, I try to understand why the world opposes goodness, and prefers evil acts. I try to understand why obeying your commands for preservation of your creatures are difficult, rather they will embrace destruction

Father in our world to aspire for goodness one must be prepared for the ordeal is great. Thank you Father for your words that gives victory over all challenges one may encounter in aspiring to serve you. Father you said one must be sincere in heart, be steadfast, and not be alarmed when disaster comes. 

One must cling to you and your Son Jesus Christ, for the reward is great. You said Father that whatever happens, one should accept, and that in uncertainties of one's humble state - to be patient, as gold is tested in the fire, so are chosen men and women in the furnace of humiliation.
 
Father we should trust in to uphold us and follow a straight with hope. We should hold you in reverence, in steadfastness, and wait for your mercy and everlasting happiness.
 
It is true that anyone who place their trust in you Father was never put to shame nor forsaken. No one has ever called upon you with sincerity of heart ignored. Father you are compassionate, and merciful.

Jesus I trust in you. Sacred Heart of Jesus, thy kingdom come. Lord Jesus Christ make me like a child. Make my heart pure. May I be willing to serve without counting the cost, nor look for recognition or prestige. Make me humble.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace. Blessed Mother of my Lord and Saviour pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My patron Saint pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me. Guide and guard me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY