THE LORD YOU SEEK WILL ENTER HIS TEMPLE

THURSDAY WEEK 4 IN ORDIARY TIME: FEAST OF THE LORD'S PRESENTATION
My eyes have seen your salvation Universalis
Reading Malachi 3:1- 4 
The Lord you are seeking will suddenly enter his Temple

The Lord God says this: Look, I am going to send my messenger to prepare a way before me. And the Lord you are seeking will suddenly enter his Temple; and the angel of the covenant whom you are longing for, yes, he is coming, says the Lord of Hosts. Who will be able to resist the day of his coming? Who will remain standing when he appears? For he is like the refiner’s fire and the fullers’ alkali. He will take his seat as refiner and purifier; he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and then they will make the offering to the Lord as it should be made. The offering of Judah and Jerusalem will then be welcomed by the Lord as in former days, as in the years of old.

Responsorial Psalm: Who is the king of glory? He, the Lord, he is the king of glory

Gospel Luke 2:22-40 My eyes have seen your salvation

When the day came for them to be purified as laid down by the Law of Moses, the parents of Jesus took him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord, – observing what stands written in the Law of the Lord: Every first-born male must be consecrated to the Lord – and also to offer in sacrifice, in accordance with what is said in the Law of the Lord, a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons. CDR
 
Now in Jerusalem there was a man named Simeon. He was an upright and devout man; he looked forward to Israel’s comforting and the Holy Spirit rested on him. It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death until he had set eyes on the Christ of the Lord. Prompted by the Spirit he came to the Temple and when the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the Law required, he took him into his arms and blessed God; and he said:
 
Now, Master, you can let your servant go in peace, just as you promised; because my eyes have seen the salvation which you have prepared for all the nations to see, a light to enlighten the pagans and the glory of your people Israel.’...... 

Father, my God I thank you for you kept your word, your promise, the covenant of  a Messiah you made to humanity, Jesus Christ your Son. He is the King of glory. As we celebrate the Presentation of your Son in the Temple by his Blessed Mother, and Joseph, Father we see obedience to your command. We see the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity at work. Father each time your Holy Spirit speaks to us, but most times we are busy we do not pay attention to what your Spirit is saying to us. As such we miss our way, we miss our direction, we offend you. 

I ask that you guide me. May your Holy Spirit abide in me. May I be sensitive to what your Spirit says to me each moment of my life. May I live a devout life like Simeon and Anna. Joseph and Mary listened. Your Son Jesus Christ testified that you - God the Father, He the Son and the Holy Spirit are One. Holy Spirit come dwell in me. Mother Mary bring me closer to your Son. Saint Joseph pray for me.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Holy Family of Nazareth pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me. Guide and guard me. Mary our Blessed Mother pray for all who celebrate their birthday on today's Feast, pray for me Mother.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Hail Mary. Ave Maria. Mother of our Saviour and Redeemer pray for us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY