HE WHO SHED MAN'S BLOOD SHALL HAVE HIS BLOOD SHED

THURSDAY WEEK 6 IN ORDINARY TIME Universalis
The way you think is not God's way, but man's
Reading Genesis 9:1-13 The sign of the Covenant

God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, ‘Be fruitful, multiply and fill the earth. Be the terror and the dread of all the wild beasts and all the birds of heaven, of everything that crawls on the ground and all the fish of the sea; they are handed over to you. Every living and crawling thing shall provide food for you, no less than the foliage of plants. I give you everything, with this exception: you must not eat flesh with life, that is to say blood, in it. I will demand an account of your life-blood. I will demand an account from every beast and from man. I will demand an account of every man’s life from his fellow men. 

‘He who sheds man’s blood shall have his blood shed by man, for in the image of God man was made.
‘As for you, be fruitful, multiply, teem over the earth and be lord of it.’  God spoke to Noah and his sons, ‘See, I establish my Covenant with you, and with your descendants after you; also with every living creature to be found with you, birds, cattle and every wild beast with you: everything that came out of the ark, everything that lives on the earth. I establish my Covenant with you: no thing of flesh shall be swept away again by the waters of the flood. There shall be no flood to destroy the earth again.’ 
God said, ‘Here is the sign of the Covenant I make between myself and you and every living creature with you for all generations: I set my bow in the clouds and it shall be a sign of the Covenant between me and the earth.’
Responsorial Psalm: The Lord looked down from heaven to the earth
Gospel Mark 8:27-33 The way you think is not God's way, but man's
Jesus and his disciples left for the villages round Caesarea Philippi. On the way he put this question to his disciples, ‘Who do people say I am?’ And they told him. ‘John the Baptist,’ they said ‘others Elijah; others again, one of the prophets.’ ‘But you,’ he asked ‘who do you say I am?’ Peter spoke up and said to him, ‘You are the Christ.’ And he gave them strict orders not to tell anyone about him.  CDR

And he began to teach them that the Son of Man was destined to suffer grievously, to be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and to be put to death, and after three days to rise again; and he said all this quite openly. Then, taking him aside, Peter started to remonstrate with him. But, turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said to him, ‘Get behind me, Satan! Because the way you think is not God’s way but man’s.’

Merciful Father, Ancient of Days. Everlasting Father, King of glory. To you be all glory and adoration. Father your created man in your image and likeness. God my Father calling to mind your first covenant with man in Gen. 2:18-25 you instructed him not to eat from the tree of knowledge - good and evil, and  you gave him dominion over all created things. In your second covenant with Noah you equally gave him dominion over all created things, you included accountability and sacredness to life saying 'I will demand an account of your life-blood. I will demand an account from every beast and from man. I will demand an account of every man’s life from his fellow men.  ‘He who sheds man’s blood shall have his blood shed by man, for in the image of God man was made.' 

Father you have kept your promise according to your covenant with man. Father all our actions are opposed to your decrees. We see their negative effects in our  lives and in our world. Father help us, give us your Spirit, make us obey your commandments. Make us aware of the consequences of all our negative actions. In obeying you, Father we will preserve humanity and preserve our world. May your grace abide with us.

Lord Jesus Christ, you came to show us the way, and to redeem humanity. May we recognize your divinity as God made Man. You are the origin of all goodness, for you shed your precious blood to save us from internal damnation. Lord Jesus I trust in you. You are my Lord and Master. My Redeemer, my God. 

Virgin Mary Mother of Christ pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide me, defend me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary full of grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY