THE SECRET TO TRUE HAPPINESS

4TH SUNDAY IN ORDIARY TIME Universalis
If anyone wants to boast, let him boast about the Lord
First Reading Zephaniah 2:3,3:12-13 In your midst I will leave a humble and lowly people

Seek the Lord, all you, the humble of the earth, who obey his commands. Seek integrity, seek humility: you may perhaps find shelter on the day of the anger of the Lord. 
 
In your midst I will leave a humble and lowly people, and those who are left in Israel will seek refuge the name of the Lord. They will do no wrong, will tell no lies; and the perjured tongue will no longer be found in their mouths. But they will be able to graze and rest with no one to disturb them.
 
Responsorial Psalm: How happy are the poor in spirit: theirs is the kingdom of heaven
 
Second Reading 1 Corinthians 1:26-31
God chose what is foolish by human reckoning, to shame the wise

Take yourselves for instance, brothers, at the time when you were called: how many of you were wise in the ordinary sense of the word, how many were influential people, or came from noble families? No, it was to shame the wise that God chose what is foolish by human reckoning, and to shame what is strong that he chose what is weak by human reckoning; those whom the world thinks common and contemptible are the ones that God has chosen – those who are nothing at all to show up those who are everything. The human race has nothing to boast about to God, but you, God has made members of Christ Jesus and by God’s doing he has become our wisdom, and our virtue, and our holiness, and our freedom. As scripture says: if anyone wants to boast, let him boast about the Lord.

Gospel Matthew 5:1-12aHow happy are the poor in spirit

Seeing the crowds, Jesus went up the hill. There he sat down and was joined by his disciples.
 
Then he began to speak. This is what he taught them: CDR

‘How happy are the poor in spirit: theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Happy the gentle:   they shall have the earth for their heritage.
Happy those who mourn:  they shall be comforted.
Happy those who hunger and thirst for what is right:   they shall be satisfied.
Happy the merciful:   they shall have mercy shown them.
Happy the pure in heart:   they shall see God.
Happy the peacemakers:   they shall be called sons of God.
Happy those who are persecuted in the cause of right:  theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
 
‘Happy are you when people abuse you and persecute you and speak all kinds of calumny against you on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven.’

My Father it is you that I seek. My soul yearns for you. I come before you pleading for a  humble heart. Give me your Holy Spirit and the grace to obey your commands. Father my soul yearns for integrity, and humility. transform me. 

My God you are good and full of compassion, I ask for wisdom. Your gift of wisdom will be  my crown of glory. Your wisdom will guide my action. With you as my guide to direct all my actions, the peace and happiness I seek will be my victory for I am nothing before you, but your love makes me great. I have nothing to boast, than you.  I give you all the glory as I proudly acclaim you my Lord and my God. You are my glory. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ my Redeemer.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary Mother of my Saviour, my Mother pray for me.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY