Skip to main content

SAUL, SAUL, WHY ARE YOUR PERSECUTING ME

WEDNESDAY WEEK 3 IN ORDINARY TIME Universalis
Go out to the whole world proclaim the good news
FEAST OF THE CONVERSION OF ST. PAUL
Reading Acts 22:3-16 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?'

Paul said to the people, ‘I am a Jew and was born at Tarsus in Cilicia. I was brought up here in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was taught the exact observance of the Law of our ancestors. In fact, I was as full of duty towards God as you are today. I even persecuted this Way to the death, and sent women as well as men to prison in chains as the high priest and the whole council of elders can testify, since they even sent me with letters to their brothers in Damascus. When I set off it was with the intention of bringing prisoners back from there to Jerusalem for punishment. 

‘I was on that journey and nearly at Damascus when about midday a bright light from heaven suddenly shone round me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” I answered: Who are you, Lord? and he said to me, “I am Jesus the Nazarene, and you are persecuting me.” The people with me saw the light but did not hear his voice as he spoke to me. I said: What am I to do, Lord? The Lord answered, “Stand up and go into Damascus, and there you will be told what you have been appointed to do.” The light had been so dazzling that I was blind and my companions had to take me by the hand; and so I came to Damascus. 

‘Someone called Ananias, a devout follower of the Law and highly thought of by all the Jews living there, came to see me; he stood beside me and said, “Brother Saul, receive your sight.” Instantly my sight came back and I was able to see him. Then he said, “The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will, to see the Just One and hear his own voice speaking, because you are to be his witness before all mankind, testifying to what you have seen and heard. And now why delay? It is time you were baptised and had your sins washed away while invoking his name.”’  

Responsorial Psalm: Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News

Evangeli Gospel Mark 16:15-18 Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News

Jesus showed himself to the Eleven and said to them: CDR

‘Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News to all creation. He who believes and is baptised will be saved; he who does not believe will be condemned. These are the signs that will be associated with believers: in my name they will cast out devils; they will have the gift of tongues; they will pick up snakes in their hands, and be unharmed should they drink deadly poison; they will lay their hands on the sick, who will recover.’ 

My Father, my God give me wisdom, direct my path. Father in my zeal to obey your word, may it not bring me condemnation. Father there are times I think I am doing the right thing especially when it comes to the interpretation of your words. Out of ignorance I criticize other religion and other brethren ignoring their hearts' intentions. I too like your Apostle Paul have acted in same manner in my passion towards you. Father, your creatures are being persecuted for their faith, our Priests are being murdered at your Altars during Mass for the name of your Son. 

Some still mock your Son Jesus Christ, and His Beloved Mother, Mary. Some quote your words in the scriptures out of context, some are passionate in criticizing those called by Christ. Forgive me Father for many times I too may have acted in same manner. 

I pray for persecuted Christians all over the world. I pray for the eternal redemption of souls of your persecuted sons, daughters murdered for their faith. I pray for peaceful repose of souls of religious and priests killed while serving you. May their souls rest in your bosom, may they rest in peace. May Saint Paul, your Apostle whom we celebrate his Feast, the Apostle of gentiles pray for us through Jesus Christ our Lord and Redeemer. Father unite us, may your peace reign in our hearts as we go out to proclaim the Good News of our salvation.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria. Hail Holy Queen Mother of Jesus Christ, my Mother pray for me.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Mother Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. May Saint Paul, Apostle pray for you as you celebrate your birthday, and pray for me also. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect and guide me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRUST GOD, TRUST IN ME

Fifth Sunday of Easter  'I am going now to prepare a place for you' First Reading  Acts 6:1-7  They elected seven men full of the Holy Spirit About this time, when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenists made a complaint against the Hebrews: in the daily distribution their own widows were being overlooked. So the Twelve called a full meeting of the disciples and addressed them, ‘It would not be right for us to neglect the word of God so as to give out food; you, brothers, must select from among yourselves seven men of good reputation, filled with the Spirit and with wisdom; we will hand over this duty to them, and continue to devote ourselves to prayer and to the service of the word.’ The whole assembly approved of this proposal and elected Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, together with Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolaus of Antioch, a convert to Judaism. They presented these to the apostles, who prayed and laid th...

THE BREAD FROM HEAVEN

Tuesday week 3 of Eastertide -   ‘I can see heaven thrown open’ First Reading 7:51-8,1  'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit' Stephen said to the people, the elders and the scribes: ‘You stubborn people, with your pagan hearts and pagan ears. You are always resisting the Holy Spirit, just as your ancestors used to do. Can you name a single prophet your ancestors never persecuted? In the past they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, and now you have become his betrayers, his murderers. You who had the Law brought to you by angels are the very ones who have not kept it.’ They were infuriated when they heard this, and ground their teeth at him. But Stephen, filled with the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at God’s right hand. ‘I can see heaven thrown open’ he said ‘and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.’ At this all the members of the council shouted out and stopped their ears with their hands; then they ...

YOU MUST NOT KILL

First Reading Ezekiel 18:21-28  I prefer to see the wicked man renounce his wickedness and live Thus says the Lord: ‘If the wicked man renounces all the sins he has committed, respects my laws and is law-abiding and honest, he will certainly live; he will not die. All the sins he committed will be forgotten from then on; he shall live because of the integrity he has practised. What! Am I likely to take pleasure in the death of a wicked man – it is the Lord who speaks – and not prefer to see him renounce his wickedness and live? ‘But if the upright man renounces his integrity, commits sin, copies the wicked man and practises every kind of filth, is he to live? All the integrity he has practised shall be forgotten from then on; but this is because he himself has broken faith and committed sin, and for this he shall die. But you object, “What the Lord does is unjust.” Listen, you House of Israel: is what I do unjust? Is it not what you do that is unjust? When the upright ma...