SAUL, SAUL, WHY ARE YOUR PERSECUTING ME

WEDNESDAY WEEK 3 IN ORDINARY TIME Universalis
Go out to the whole world proclaim the good news
FEAST OF THE CONVERSION OF ST. PAUL
Reading Acts 22:3-16 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?'

Paul said to the people, ‘I am a Jew and was born at Tarsus in Cilicia. I was brought up here in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was taught the exact observance of the Law of our ancestors. In fact, I was as full of duty towards God as you are today. I even persecuted this Way to the death, and sent women as well as men to prison in chains as the high priest and the whole council of elders can testify, since they even sent me with letters to their brothers in Damascus. When I set off it was with the intention of bringing prisoners back from there to Jerusalem for punishment. 

‘I was on that journey and nearly at Damascus when about midday a bright light from heaven suddenly shone round me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” I answered: Who are you, Lord? and he said to me, “I am Jesus the Nazarene, and you are persecuting me.” The people with me saw the light but did not hear his voice as he spoke to me. I said: What am I to do, Lord? The Lord answered, “Stand up and go into Damascus, and there you will be told what you have been appointed to do.” The light had been so dazzling that I was blind and my companions had to take me by the hand; and so I came to Damascus. 

‘Someone called Ananias, a devout follower of the Law and highly thought of by all the Jews living there, came to see me; he stood beside me and said, “Brother Saul, receive your sight.” Instantly my sight came back and I was able to see him. Then he said, “The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will, to see the Just One and hear his own voice speaking, because you are to be his witness before all mankind, testifying to what you have seen and heard. And now why delay? It is time you were baptised and had your sins washed away while invoking his name.”’  

Responsorial Psalm: Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News

Evangeli Gospel Mark 16:15-18 Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News

Jesus showed himself to the Eleven and said to them: CDR

‘Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News to all creation. He who believes and is baptised will be saved; he who does not believe will be condemned. These are the signs that will be associated with believers: in my name they will cast out devils; they will have the gift of tongues; they will pick up snakes in their hands, and be unharmed should they drink deadly poison; they will lay their hands on the sick, who will recover.’ 

My Father, my God give me wisdom, direct my path. Father in my zeal to obey your word, may it not bring me condemnation. Father there are times I think I am doing the right thing especially when it comes to the interpretation of your words. Out of ignorance I criticize other religion and other brethren ignoring their hearts' intentions. I too like your Apostle Paul have acted in same manner in my passion towards you. Father, your creatures are being persecuted for their faith, our Priests are being murdered at your Altars during Mass for the name of your Son. 

Some still mock your Son Jesus Christ, and His Beloved Mother, Mary. Some quote your words in the scriptures out of context, some are passionate in criticizing those called by Christ. Forgive me Father for many times I too may have acted in same manner. 

I pray for persecuted Christians all over the world. I pray for the eternal redemption of souls of your persecuted sons, daughters murdered for their faith. I pray for peaceful repose of souls of religious and priests killed while serving you. May their souls rest in your bosom, may they rest in peace. May Saint Paul, your Apostle whom we celebrate his Feast, the Apostle of gentiles pray for us through Jesus Christ our Lord and Redeemer. Father unite us, may your peace reign in our hearts as we go out to proclaim the Good News of our salvation.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria. Hail Holy Queen Mother of Jesus Christ, my Mother pray for me.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Mother Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. May Saint Paul, Apostle pray for you as you celebrate your birthday, and pray for me also. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect and guide me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY