NEVER BE ASHAMED OF WITHNESSING TO THE LORD

THURSDAY WEEK 3 IN ORDINARY TIME 
The amount you measure out is the amount you will be given
SAINTS TIMOTHY AND TITUS, BISHOPS Universalis
Reading 2 Timothy 1:1-8 Fan into a flame the gift God gave you

From Paul, appointed by God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus in his design to promise life in Christ Jesus; to Timothy, dear child of mine, wishing you grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Christ Jesus our Lord. 

Night and day I thank God, keeping my conscience clear and remembering my duty to him as my ancestors did, and always I remember you in my prayers; I remember your tears and long to see you again to complete my happiness. Then I am reminded of the sincere faith which you have; it came first to live in your grandmother Lois, and your mother Eunice, and I have no doubt that it is the same faith in you as well.

That is why I am reminding you now to fan into a flame the gift that God gave you when I laid my hands on you. God’s gift was not a spirit of timidity, but the Spirit of power, and love, and self-control. So you are never to be ashamed of witnessing to the Lord, or ashamed of me for being his prisoner; but with me, bear the hardships for the sake of the Good News, relying on the power of God who has saved us and called us to be holy.

Responsorial Psalm: Proclaim the wonders of the Lord among all the peoples

Evangeli Gospel Mark 4:21-25 
A lamp is to be put on a lampstand. The amount you measure out is the amount you will be given

Jesus said to the crowd, ‘Would you bring in a lamp to put it under a tub or under the bed? Surely you will put it on the lamp-stand? For there is nothing hidden but it must be disclosed, nothing kept secret except to be brought to light. If anyone has ears to hear, let him listen to this.’ CDR

He also said to them, ‘Take notice of what you are hearing. The amount you measure out is the amount you will be given – and more besides; for the man who has will be given more; from the man who has not, even what he has will be taken away.’

Loving Father, God of creation we proclaim your wonders. We thank you for your goodness over all your creation. We thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you for your love and compassion. Father your Son Jesus Christ is the Light of all nations, we too must be light in our world, a lamp on a lampstand for all the world to see. 

Come Holy Spirit of God, the promise of Christ Jesus, come enlighten us. The amount we measure out is the amount we shall receive. God's gift to us is not spirit of timidity, but the Spirit of power, love and self-control as such we will never be ashamed of witnessing to the Good News of God's saving grace through his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ our Redeemer. Father to you be all the glory.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Jesus Christ our Saviour, our Blessed Mother.

Jesus my Master, and Lord I believe in you. Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Apostles, my Queen pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. Saints Timothy and Titus pray for those celebrating their birthday today, may they pray for me. My Guardian Angels pray for me. Protect me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY