CHRIST IN OFFERING HIMSELF AS SACRIFICE SANCTIFIES US

TUESDAY WEEK 3 IN ORDINARY TIME:
St. Francis de Sales, Bishop and Doctor
My Mother and Brothers are those who do the will of God 

Reading Heb. 10:1-10  Christ’s self-offering sanctifies us Universalis

Since the Law has no more than a reflection of these realities, and no finished picture of them, it is quite incapable of bringing the worshippers to perfection, with the same sacrifices repeatedly offered year after year. Otherwise, the offering of them would have stopped, because the worshippers, when they had been purified once, would have no awareness of sins. Instead of that, the sins are recalled year after year in the sacrifices. Bulls’ blood and goats’ blood are useless for taking away sins, and this is what he said, on coming into the world: 

You who wanted no sacrifice or oblation, prepared a body for me. You took no pleasure in holocausts or sacrifices for sin; then I said, just as I was commanded in the scroll of the book, ‘God, here I am! I am coming to obey your will.’
Notice that he says first: You did not want what the Law lays down as the things to be offered, that is: the sacrifices, the oblations, the holocausts and the sacrifices for sin, and you took no pleasure in them; and then he says: Here I am! I am coming to obey your will. He is abolishing the first sort to replace it with the second. And this will was for us to be made holy by the offering of his body made once and for all by Jesus Christ.
Responsorial Psalm: Here I am, Lord! I come to do your will
Evangeli Gospel Mark 3:31-35
Who are my mother and my brothers? Those that do the will of God
The mother and brothers of Jesus arrived and, standing outside, sent in a message asking for him. A crowd was sitting round him at the time the message was passed to him, ‘Your mother and brothers and sisters are outside asking for you.’ He replied, ‘Who are my mother and my brothers?’ And looking round at those sitting in a circle about him, he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers. Anyone who does the will of God, that person is my brother and sister and mother.’ CDR
My Father in heaven thank you for Jesus Christ my Redeemer. He offered himself as Sacrifice for my redemption. Father you take no pleasure in holocausts or sacrifices for sins, nor do you delight in the eternal death of a sinner. It is for this reason your Son came for the salvation of humanity. His sacrifice is made Holy for us through the offering of His body. My Father, my God here I am, I come to do your will. Jesus Christ is my Brother, he is my  Lord.
Blessed be Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Eucharist. Blessed be Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament. 
Pray the Holy Rosary: Jesus said "anyone who does the will of God is my brothers, sister and mother'. We are members of Christ Family. Jesus Christ is our Brother, his mother our mother. Hail Mary Blessed Mother of our Saviour and Redeemer pray for us. 
Lord Jesus I trust in you. Mother Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint Francis de Sales pray for you as you celebrate your birthday, may he also pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect and guide me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY