GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Saturday 24 December 2022

YOUR HOUSE AND SOVEREIGNTY SHALL STAND FOR EVER

SATURDAY 4TH WEEK OF ADVENT 
Reading 2 Samuel 7:1-5,8-12,14,16
Your House and your sovereignty will always stand secure before me

Once David had settled into his house and the Lord had given him rest from all the enemies surrounding him, the king said to the prophet Nathan, ‘Look, I am living in a house of cedar while the ark of God dwells in a tent.’ Nathan said to the king, ‘Go and do all that is in your mind, for the Lord is with you.’  Universalis

But that very night the word of the Lord came to Nathan: 

‘Go and tell my servant David, “Thus the Lord speaks: Are you the man to build me a house to dwell in? I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, to be leader of my people Israel; I have been with you on all your expeditions; I have cut off all your enemies before you. I will give you fame as great as the fame of the greatest on earth. I will provide a place for my people Israel; I will plant them there and they shall dwell in that place and never be disturbed again; nor shall the wicked continue to oppress them as they did, in the days when I appointed judges over my people Israel; I will give them rest from all their enemies. The Lord will make you great; the Lord will make you a House. And when your days are ended and you are laid to rest with your ancestors, I will preserve the offspring of your body after you and make his sovereignty secure. I will be a father to him and he a son to me; if he does evil, I will punish him with the rod such as men use, with strokes such as mankind gives. Your House and your sovereignty will always stand secure before me and your throne be established for ever.”’

Gospel Luke 1:67-79 'You, little child, shall be the prophet of the Most High' 

John’s father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke this prophecy: Evangeli

‘Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel for he has visited his people, he has come to their rescue 
and he has raised up for us a power for salvation in the House of his servant David, even as he proclaimed, by the mouth of his holy prophets from ancient times, that he would save us from our enemies and from the hands of all who hate us. Thus he shows mercy to our ancestors, thus he remembers his holy covenant the oath he swore to our father Abraham that he would grant us, free from fear, to be delivered from the hands of our enemies, to serve him in holiness and virtue in his presence, all our days. And you, little child, you shall be called Prophet of the Most High, for you will go before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins; this by the tender mercy of our God who from on high will bring the rising Sun to visit us, to give light to those who live in darkness and the shadow of death and to guide our feet into the way of peace.’

Loving Father, my God thank I you for your faithfulness and love. Father you have been with me in all my trials. You protect me from evil, from all my enemies. You protect me from the oppression of the wicked. God of my Salvation you will make me great, you will preserve my offspring. You are my refuge, you will provide a place for me and make me secure. Thank you Father for your mercy and compassion. Thank you for your fidelity, thank you for your Son Jesus Christ my Redeemer. Father your reign is eternal, your Sovereignty is everlasting. Blessed be God for ever and ever. I will sing for ever of your love, O Lord.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Christ my Savior.
 
Come Lord Jesus our Emmanuel, come and save us. Jesus I trust in you. Saint Joseph pray for me. God’s Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY