GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Friday 23 December 2022

PROPHET ELIJAH GOD'S MESSENGER - HIS NAME IS JOHN

FRIDAY 4TH WEEK OF ADVENT
First Reading Malachi 3:1-4,23-24
Before my day comes, I will send you Elijah my prophet

The Lord God says this: Look, I am going to send my messenger to prepare a way before me. And the Lord you are seeking will suddenly enter his Temple; and the angel of the covenant whom you are longing for, yes, he is coming, says the Lord of Hosts. Who will be able to resist the day of his coming? Who will remain standing when he appears? For he is like the refiner’s fire and the fullers’ alkali. He will take his seat as refiner and purifier; he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and then they will make the offering to the Lord as it should be made. The offering of Judah and Jerusalem will then be welcomed by the Lord as in former days, as in the years of old. Universalis

Know that I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before my day comes, that great and terrible day. He shall turn the hearts of fathers towards their children and the hearts of children towards their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a curse.

Gospel Luke 1:57-66 'His name is John'

The time came for Elizabeth to have her child, and she gave birth to a son; and when her neighbours and relations heard that the Lord had shown her so great a kindness, they shared her joy. CDR

Now on the eighth day they came to circumcise the child; they were going to call him Zechariah after his father, but his mother spoke up. ‘No,’ she said ‘he is to be called John.’ They said to her, ‘But no one in your family has that name’, and made signs to his father to find out what he wanted him called. The father asked for a writing-tablet and wrote, ‘His name is John.’ And they were all astonished. At that instant his power of speech returned and he spoke and praised God. All their neighbours were filled with awe and the whole affair was talked about throughout the hill country of Judaea. 

All those who heard of it treasured it in their hearts. ‘What will this child turn out to be?’ they wondered. And indeed the hand of the Lord was with him.

God my Father, give me wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Give me insight, teach me, fill me with your Holy Spirit. Merciful Father, you are shrouded in mystery, my existence is mystery. My conception in my mother’s womb is beyond my comprehension. Father, your creation and all your works is beyond human knowledge.  I adore your glorious Majesty.

Father teach me. Today’s readings, Prophet Elijah, and John the Baptist are they one and same person? Open my heart to understand things beyond my understanding. Give me insight, may your Holy Spirit abide in me Father. Thank you Father for your goodness, mercy, compassion and love.
 
Pray the Holy Rosary. Hail Mary full of grace. Hail Holy Queen.
 
Come Lord Jesus Christ, come save us. Jesus I trust in you. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me. God’s Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. Arch Angels: Michael, Raphael, Gabriel and Uriel pray for me.
PEE  Lecture : livre du prophète Malachie 3, 1-4. 23-24
« Je vais vous envoyer Élie le prophète, avant que vienne le jour du Seigneur »
 
Voici que je vais vous envoyer Élie le prophète, avant que vienne le jour du Seigneur, jour grand et redoutable. Il ramènera le cœur des pères vers leurs fils, et le cœur des fils vers leurs pères, pour que je ne vienne pas frapper d’anathème le pays ! Mal. 3:23-24

 Évangile Luc 1, 57-66 Naissance de Jean le Baptiste RC
 
Quand fut accompli le temps où Élisabeth devait enfanter, elle mit au monde un fils. Ses voisins et sa famille apprirent que le Seigneur lui avait montré la grandeur de sa miséricorde, et ils se réjouissaient avec elle.  Le huitième jour, ils vinrent pour la circoncision de l’enfant. Ils voulaient l’appeler Zacharie, du nom de son père. Mais sa mère prit la parole et déclara : « Non, il s’appellera Jean. » 
On lui dit : « Personne dans ta famille ne porte ce nom-là ! » On demandait par signes au père comment il voulait l’appeler. Il se fit donner une tablette sur laquelle il écrivit : « Jean est son nom. » Et tout le monde en fut étonné. À l’instant même, sa bouche s’ouvrit, sa langue se délia : il parlait et il bénissait Dieu. La crainte saisit alors tous les gens du voisinage et, dans toute la région  montagneuse de Judée, on racontait tous ces événements.
 
Tous ceux qui les apprenaient les conservaient dans leur cœur et disaient : « Que sera donc cet enfant ? » En effet, la main du Seigneur était avec lui.

Dieu mon Père, donne-moi sagesse, connaissance et compréhension. Donne-moi la perspicacité, enseigne-moi, remplis-moi de ton Saint-Esprit. Père miséricordieux, tu es enveloppé de mystère, mon existence est mystère. Ma conception de ma mère dépasse mon entendement. Père, ta création et toutes tes œuvres sont au-delà de la connaissance humaine. J’adore Votre Glorieuse Majesté.
 
Père apprends-moi. Les lectures d’aujourd’hui - le prophète Élie et Jean-Baptiste sont-ils une seule et même personne ? Ouvrez mon cœur pour comprendre les choses au-delà de ma compréhension. Donne-moi le discernement, que ton Saint-Esprit demeure en moi Père. Merci Père pour ta bonté, ta miséricorde, ta compassion et ton amour.

Priez le Saint Rosaire. Je vous salue Marie pleine de grâce. Je vous salue Sainte Reine.
 
Viens, Seigneur Jésus-Christ, viens nous sauver. Jésus, j’ai confiance en toi. Saint Joseph prie pour moi. Mon Ange Gardien prie pour moi. Protégez-moi. Les saints anges et saints de Dieu prient pour moi. Anges : Michael, Raphaël, Gabriel et Uriel prient pour moi.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY